Preifert head gate

Help Support CattleToday:

lakeviewwalker

Reaction score
I bought a used preifert head catch. I don't know a model number. It is a older one. I am missing the locking mechanism. It is kind of a rounded bottom and the gates slide up at like a 45 degree angle. Looking for any information on this unit possibly a model number and where to get parts if they are still available thanks

Priefert is pretty easy to deal with. A bet a call to them, and an emailed picture would nail it down. I'd also be willing to bet the part would be free, or almost nothing.

I think you have an old model 85 headgate. I bought one and you can barely find a picture of one, not sure about parts. I think they used the same number when they updated the design, but mine clearly said "model 85" on the sticker even though the design is different than the new ones. I may have pics at the shop computer since I listed it and sold it after getting a squeeze chute. locking was pretty simple if you have most of the parts already. I will look tomorrow for more pics. Here is a pic off the interweb, not the best pic

cattle_headgate_145_24219123.jpg

r_34-3.jpg

We have an older 85 like that on a calving pen. If yours is like the pic KellinKy posted, I recommend a chain to latch the catch lever for added safety. Had to replace the two little springs on the locking mechanism also. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it'll get the job done.

Yea that's is the same one so where do put the chain then ? I only have a few cows but will make vaccinating easier and working calves easier also thinking about AI to better my herd than just running them with mediocre bull

The Preifert Head Gate in your post is very similar to mine, which I also bought used. I have contacted Preifert four times in ten years and each time they have sent the needed part's free of charge and even paid for the shipping to my farm. I am seventy years old and have severe RA and have lost most of my strength, I called Priefert and explained my problem and they sent me two new lock and release handles free of charge, now my wife "Kathy" sixty-five years old and I open and close the head gate with ease. I have never done business with any company like Priefert in my life. There warranty is unbelievable in today's time.

Latest posts