prayers please

Help Support CattleToday:

NMVaquero

Reaction score
One of our ranch hands got caught up in an auger today.
He was airlifted to the hospital after an hour of work to extricate his leg.
For a while I wasn't sure he would make it, but he is currently out of surgery and they hope they saved the leg.

Please pray for a quick and full recovery.

Terrible accident! Prayers are there and have been started. Keep us updated please.

Alan

NMVaquero":1wvecldu said:
For a while I wasn't sure he would make it, but he is currently out of surgery and they hope they saved the leg.

Praying your friend recovers quickly and completely. Will also pray that some ambulance chasing attorney doesn't convince him to "go for the money". Been thru this one myself.

TexasBred":lcxistp2 said:
NMVaquero":lcxistp2 said:

Praying your friend recovers quickly and completely. Will also pray that some ambulance chasing attorney doesn't convince him to "go for the money". Been thru this one myself.

Prayers for the gentleman who was injured and for your insurance coverage as well.

I'll pray for all of you. He's hurt but I know you're hurting over it as well.
From both a business and personal point of view, make sure that you're right there with him every step of the way. Tell him how upset you are. Make sure he sees that you're taking it personally and you're on his side. I've seen a few deals on dairies where someone got hurt and the owners treated it like it was just another day at the office and that has not worked out well for them...

Augers are bad news.
Elevator in Rocky Ok just had a kid lose his foot bout 2 weeks ago, he came real close to losing his leg.
Hope yours turns out well

Had pretty much the whole ranch visit him today.
This guy is amazing. He actually pushed another guy out of the wire that pulled him in.
His spirits are high and he accepts the idea that most likely his leg is going to be amputated.
We are still praying it is able to be saved.
I am not sleeping well, the dreams are intense.
The man operating the auger is in bad shape mentally. I ask that you all ad him to your prayers as well.

Thank you all.

Another update.
The repair work to his leg didn't work and infection has started.
They started surgery to complete the amputation about two hours ago.
He and his family are in high spirits and I am amazed at their strength.
Our family is really struggling still. Everyone was crying as we completed the fence today.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

Latest posts