prayers are needed guys

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
I just got a call that Ernie Theriot got thrower from a horse and may be hurt pretty bad. Ernie is the older brother of Herbert Theriot a world champion calf roper. Ernie trains horses for a living. He had to be air lifted to the hospital. They said he couldn't feel anything. Ernie lost a six year son a few years ago in a freak horse accident. A horse backed into a gate and the gate hit the boy. The Theriots need our prayer tonight.

Just wanted to give y'all an update on Ernie. As I understand it he has pretty good movement with his right arm and is moving his left arm some. He cannot move his legs at all but can feel it when touched and can tell exactly where they are touching him. The doctors think he has a good chance of walking again but say it could be a long recovery.

I am the marketing director and Internet Sales Manager here at Duplessis Buick GMC in Gonzales, La. We are sponsoring a benefit roping and barrel race for Ernie at Lamar Dixon Expo Center in the spring. I personally have known Ernie for years, He was my farrier years ago, Just last year I brought a mare to him to ride, and he looked great!
This just breaks my heart for him, Angie, Staci and his twin boys. But as sure as I am typing this I am sure he will walk again!

That's 662 miles from here. I see no way for me to rope in it. Any fund gets set up, I would like to help. You or Deepsouth keep us posted.

Ernie's Benefit will be May 4,2014 at Lamar Dixon in Gonzales La. We are going to be setting up an account if anyone wishes to donate....but we would really like to see everyone there, It will be crawfish season!!!!!

I just wanted to give an update on Ernie. A few weeks ago the doctor's decided that a metal plate that was put in his neck several years ago might have been putting pressure on his spine. They removed the plate and felt sure that it probably was the problem. Almost immediately there was an improvement in his upper body and arms and I just got a picture of him setting up on the side of the bed today. The doctor's say they see no reason that he should not walk again. He may never ride a horse again but Ernie said if he could just walk up to the corral and stand at the fence he would be happy. Kbraud, maybe he'll be standing outside the arena at y'all's benefit.

Good news. A neck injury is a strange thing. His recovery could very well be better than expected.

Latest posts