Prairie Pride Next Step

Help Support CattleToday:

LCBulls

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this bull. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order some of him to use. He looks like a well rounded proven bull with balanced EPD's. Would love to hear if anyone here has used him and their thoughts on him.

Also probably going to use U-2 Coalition from Beef 360.

We have a granddaughter out of him and like her sire (RBM Next Step)

I have seen progeny in sales books that I've really liked. I can't remember which catalogue I got last year but they used him heavily.

NEFarmwife said:

I have seen progeny in sales books that I've really liked. I can't remember which catalogue I got last year but they used him heavily.

I hadn't really heard much about him around here. RBM livestock has quite a few selling again this year. I talked to Ryan and he was really helpful and took a lot of time talking to him. He was obviously really high on him and said that he has a great big foot with good depth of heel and that they've never trimmed his feet. Also he has worked well on heifers and is a really long sided bull. He really liked the daughters and believed that they were good milkers with good udders.

Here's there Sale Book. It has some impressive Next Step Progeny in it.
http://www.rbmlivestock.com/PDFs/2019/RBM%202019%20Catalog%20web.pdf

LCBulls said:
NEFarmwife said:

I hadn't really heard much about him around here. RBM livestock has quite a few selling again this year. I talked to Ryan and he was really helpful and took a lot of time talking to him. He was obviously really high on him and said that he has a great big foot with good depth of heel and that they've never trimmed his feet. Also he has worked well on heifers and is a really long sided bull. He really liked the daughters and believed that they were good milkers with good udders.

Our RBM Next Step daughter has good feet. The gentleman that sold us her momma bought that bull and bred her to him. I think his operation has a good eye for great bulls.

NEFarmwife said:
LCBulls said:
NEFarmwife said:

Our RBM Next Step daughter has good feet. The gentleman that sold us her momma bought that bull and bred her to him. I think his operation has a good eye for great bulls.

That's good to hear. I think good feet is a trait that we are going to be paying a lot of attention to. It seems that there are a ton of bulls out there that throw bad feet.

LCBulls said:
Anyone have experience with this bull. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order some of him to use. He looks like a well rounded proven bull with balanced EPD's. Would love to hear if anyone here has used him and their thoughts on him.

Wow is that clover that he's standing in in the pic? Can't wait for spring..

LCBulls said:

Looked up that U-2. Why him over any other Concensus son? Have you seen his progeny? Any thoughts?

NEFarmwife said:
LCBulls said:

Looked up that U-2. Why him over any other Concensus son? Have you seen his progeny? Any thoughts?

His progeny at U-2 in Canada have been really impressive the last few years. And Spicklers look really nice this year. His Dam and Grand Dam have really good production ratios. Like that he is structurally sound and has good phenotype. I also like that his Bulls and Heifers all look similar.

Here's U2 Sale Book. The black bulls start after the Reds
https://issuu.com/coyotepub/docs/u2catalog2019issuu