posting a quote

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom

Reaction score
How do you post a quote so the the person who wrote its name appears like:

txshowmom wrote:
and then it says whatever the quote is.

When I post someones quote I copy it and the hit the quote button then paste then hit the quote button again and the post id there butt it doesn't say the person who wrote it. How do I get that to show up?

txshowmom":qyhy7rk7 said:

txshowmom wrote:

When I post someones quote I copy it and the hit the quote button then paste then hit the quote button again and the post id there butt it doesn't say the person who wrote it. How do I get that to show up?

Just click the quote button on the message you want to quote. You then can delete part of it as long as you leave the [/quote] at the end.

M Gravlee":3nyufa5m said:
txshowmom":3nyufa5m said:

txshowmom wrote:

Just click the quote button on the message you want to quote. You then can delete part of it as long as you leave the quote at the end.

Like this? Thanks!

How do you take a long post and respond to individual statements? I've seen some posts where there are several quotations broken up with responses and then more quotes and more responses and etc...

eric":2t68j8h4 said:
How do you take a long post and respond to individual statements?

you mean like this?

eric":2t68j8h4 said:
I've seen some posts where there are several quotations broken up with responses and then more quotes and more responses and etc...

here's how i do it:

1. hit the "quote" button in the message box you wish to reply to.
2. when the new screen comes up, go up into the text of the original quote & place the cursor after the first part of the response you wish to reply to & hit the "Return" key a couple of times.
3. type your response.
4. repeat steps 2 & 3 for the rest of the message.

now the important part:
5. copy the
whoever said:
& paste it in front of each section of their original text that you wish to reply to.
6. copy the brackets & "/quote" & paste at the end of each section of original text.
7. PREVIEW
8. Submit

eric":bm142u6n said:
How do you take a long post and respond to individual statements?

like this?

eric":bm142u6n said:
I've seen some posts where there are several quotations broken up with responses and then more quotes and more responses and etc...

and this?

whoa... i did it! thanks txag

jt

Latest posts