Possible Keepers

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
Just figured I would post some pics of some possible keepers. What do y'all think and which are your favorites?
All are April calves out of a SimAngus bull and some random cows.

:cboy: I like Red 3 and Red 23! You dont need to keep them. Just ship them to me.

BrangusUSA":2a1yjhdo said:
:cboy: I like Red 3 and Red 23! You dont need to keep them. Just ship them to me.
You picked my least favorites! Number 3 is gonna be lucky if she sticks around! She is in the idk list. 23 will be staying though.

22 is personally my favorite red but she is so darn hard to get a decent picture of!

Muddy":2nrjhng0 said:
Didn't like 23 and 3 that much. Personally the black heifers looks better than the reds.
The blacks are my favorites too :D

Ship red 3, keep the rest. Blacks are better overall. Nice group of replacements. You should get some good productive cows from this group.

cattleman99":8g6gbfth said:
Ship red 3, keep the rest. Blacks are better overall. Nice group of replacements. You should get some good productive cows from this group.

These are the nicest calves we have ever had. But they just keep getting better each year! Hopefully these guy make good cows that make even better calves :D

holm25":2z8gobmk said:
BrangusUSA":2z8gobmk said:
You picked my least favorites! Number 3 is gonna be lucky if she sticks around! She is in the idk list. 23 will be staying though.

22 is personally my favorite red but she is so darn hard to get a decent picture of!
I don't like 23 much at all, I do like 22 though, 3 looks a little short, but the picture certainly doesn't help her in that aspect... 18 looks like she's all legs and no length as well.

Nesikep":1ye2mis9 said:
holm25":1ye2mis9 said:
BrangusUSA":1ye2mis9 said:

I don't like 23 much at all, I do like 22 though, 3 looks a little short, but the picture certainly doesn't help her in that aspect... 18 looks like she's all legs and no length as well.

I really think 22 should make a nice cow but we will see. Her mom is an absolute Hippo. Her name is actually Hippo. 3 is short and that is why she is at the bottom of the list and 18 is all legs!

Overall, a nice group of April heifers. The one I would be most concerned with is the red one nursing. She "appears" to be post legged. Structure is most important - than look at the rest of the animal.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1moer07o said:
Overall, a nice group of April heifers. The one I would be most concerned with is the red one nursing. She "appears" to be post legged. Structure is most important - than look at the rest of the animal.

Now that you mention that it looks like she does! I will have to take a walk and see if she does or if it's just the bad picture.

@nesikep this is #22s momma. She is a big deep cow that is an easy keeper and one of our favorites.

Latest posts