PO's me to no end

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
A dead battery can PO me fast. I either run everything here regularly or have a maintain charger on it.
I am OCD to the extreme on batteries and tires.
Got into spring cleaning up the yard, got ready for the zero turn and it won't crank.
Cranked and ran it last week guess this last cold snap killed it.
Bought the battery on the dang thing middle of last summer and it wasn't one of the cheap ones.
O'rielly will make it good it just involves taking it out and hauling it to town.

Dead batteries are a PITA, but what I find more frustrating is jumper cables that snap off and don't make a good connection, weak clamps, and the ilk

M5farm":351zhtpd said:
I agree . It ticks me off when I get on something and it won't crank.

If I wasn't so anal about upkeep it wouldn't PO me so bad. I just hate to drive 20 miles round trip and
loose an hour to an hour half to get a battery.
There is a new one on the zero turn and the wife is busy cutting grass.

Caustic Burno":fbrwqigs said:
M5farm":fbrwqigs said:

If I wasn't so anal about upkeep it wouldn't PO me so bad. I just hate to drive 20 miles round trip and
I find things that are left turned on. I always blame someone else until I realize I was the last to use it.

we keep 2 tractors on trickle charge because they are rarely cranked an ran till summer.need to put the old ford on trickle charge since it hasnt been ran in 2yrs.

Caustic Burno":2uu76wzv said:
M5farm":2uu76wzv said:

You got it made, dude.

This was dead battery year for me to. Replaced two on truck, one on tractor, one on mule, one on lawn mower and one on my wife's work vehicle. Only good thing is that they had all lasted many years.

I bet Caustic wasn't mowing any grass today, but he'll have the tractor running monday trying to grade the washed out roads...Dang it rained hard and long today.

greybeard":w0lp5187 said:
I bet Caustic wasn't mowing any grass today, but he'll have the tractor running monday trying to grade the washed out roads...Dang it rained hard and long today.

It still is raining hard here.
That 77 Massey is set on go. Looks like another above normal rainfall month.
What scares me is it will stop about April. Wish we could scatter some of this out through
the summer.

I went to auction at Livingston yesterday--rained from the minute I left Cleveland till I got back and most of the night.
Not much there in the way of breds or pairs, tho there were a couple of bred Angus that went higher than I would be willing to reach. I took 2 brothers-in-law with me to give my sisters a day off--both have alziemers one a little--the other, a LOT, so I couldn't pay much attention, but prices seemed lower than last time I went. Somebody sold off a little bunch of Highlands that went dirt cheap--a bull, steer, cow and calf. First I've seen around here. We didn't stay for the calves very long--oldest b-i-l kept wanting to bid so I had to get him out of there. We went and ate catfish instead.
They will have a 8 bunch of Brangus bulls next weekend--from Splendora according to the auctioneer.
Wind just turned out of the NW here--hope it blows this crap out. I need to do some road work too, but it has to be dry--just makes a mess trying to grade it wet and soggy.

greybeard":3kwjq3mh said:
I went to auction at Livingston yesterday--rained from the minute I left Cleveland till I got back and most of the night.
Not much there in the way of breds or pairs, tho there were a couple of bred Angus that went higher than I would be willing to reach. I took 2 brothers-in-law with me to give my sisters a day off--both have alziemers one a little--the other, a LOT, so I couldn't pay much attention, but prices seemed lower than last time I went. Somebody sold off a little bunch of Highlands that went dirt cheap--a bull, steer, cow and calf. First I've seen around here. We didn't stay for the calves very long--oldest b-i-l kept wanting to bid so I had to get him out of there. We went and ate catfish instead.
They will have a 8 bunch of Brangus bulls next weekend--from Splendora according to the auctioneer.
Wind just turned out of the NW here--hope it blows this crap out. I need to do some road work too, but it has to be dry--just makes a mess trying to grade it wet and soggy.

I had planned on going yesterday cousin passed away earlier in the week so I was standing in the cemetery up at Apple Springs.
By the time that was over all I wanted to do was go to the house and get dry.

TexasBred":3on1vdq2 said:
This was dead battery year for me to. Replaced two on truck, one on tractor, one on mule, one on lawn mower and one on my wife's work vehicle. Only good thing is that they had all lasted many years.

Wait, Your mule has a battery?

Latest posts