Porter Wagoner

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy":cf3ztbkj said:
bigbull338":cf3ztbkj said:
alot of the songs dolly wrote was to porter.ill always love you comes to my mind.

I always thought she wrote that one for Burt Reynolds after a film they made together. Best Little be nice House in Texas. She once said in an interview with Michael Parkinson, that they fell in love but they had just married different people and it could never go anywhere, so she wrote this song, and then sung it. The best version around IMO. I may be wrong though.
I remember that movie. It was filmed in Halletsville Tx. back in 1981. We lived in Yoakum,then. Our youngest son was in DeTar hospital for 31 days. There was alittle 6 yr old boy across the hall from us that was shot in the chest with a shot gun.
Burt came by the hospital to see the little boy. He brought ballons for all the kids there. Never really thought much of the man,until that day.
The little boy died a few days after that .

Joy in Texas":13ppecmw said:
chrisy":13ppecmw said:
bigbull338":13ppecmw said:
alot of the songs dolly wrote was to porter.ill always love you comes to my mind.

I always thought she wrote that one for Burt Reynolds after a film they made together. Best Little be nice House in Texas. She once said in an interview with Michael Parkinson, that they fell in love but they had just married different people and it could never go anywhere, so she wrote this song, and then sung it. The best version around IMO. I may be wrong though.
I remember that movie. It was filmed in Halletsville Tx. back in 1981. We lived in Yoakum,then. Our youngest son was in DeTar hospital for 31 days. There was alittle 6 yr old boy across the hall from us that was shot in the chest with a shot gun.
Burt came by the hospital to see the little boy. He brought ballons for all the kids there. Never really thought much of the man,until that day.

How sad.
:(

curtis":3b3qxz8x said:
Porter Wagoner, ain't he the one that discovered Dolly Pardon between the sheets and brought her to fame and fortune?

:roll: For those of you too young to remember when Dolly came to town:

She graduated from high school at 18, got on a bus and went to Nashville. She already had the big boobs. You didn't seem many hillbilly 18 year olds with enough money to get implants back then. She met her husband (a carpenter or contractor) in a laundromat the first week she was in town and they got married not long after that. As far as I know, she still has him.

Joy in Texas":29goezd3 said:
chrisy":29goezd3 said:
bigbull338":29goezd3 said:

that is such a sad story.... :( Glad your boy was/is OK though.

Yes it was sad,and that was 27 yrs ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. That little boy was shot by a 14 yr old next door neighbor boy. They say it was accident.

Latest posts