Pond areation

Help Support CattleToday:

I have no experience, but I saw a guy on TV that tried a couple different pumps that didn't perform well and he installed one of the windmills and it worked really well.

Fenceman, I don't have any experience with the windmill, but depending on the size of the pond a 2" pipe about two foot above the surface running water from a well or a centrifugal pump (using water from the pond) into the pond will replenish the oxygen. (If this is an option)

JMJ Farms":cx1532q3 said:
Fenceman, I don't have any experience with the windmill, but depending on the size of the pond a 2" pipe about two foot above the surface running water from a well or a centrifugal pump (using water from the pond) into the pond will replenish the oxygen. (If this is an option)

Jmj that is an option. The tank is about 1.5 acres when full. There's already a pump in place that pumps water to concrete stock tanks.
Weighing the option of the increase in electric use versus wind.
One negative to the wind is it often dosent blow a whole lot in the summer when areation is needed. Says it will work at 3 to 5 mph wind. That would probably be ok. Also the pump I have in place would not be adequate. It often trips the thermal switch when watering the garden.
Solar= 7000.00 ......nope.
Wife likes the idea of windmill. :cboy:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produc ... ump-1-2-hp
This is very simaliar to the pump I have but mine is 1 hp.
It pumps about 1/2 mile to the furthest waterer and does fine. But in hot weather running continuous it will throw the thermal switch. Its in a small a frame pumphouse on the tank dam. I want to be able to areate in the hottest part of summer to increase the amount I can feed my fish.
Open to all.

I researched this a while back, if you go with a windmill, American Eagle Windmills appears to make a better one for pond aeration, it looks like a real one, and appears to last longer. I read a lot of bad reviews on those they sell at TSC and Rural King.

https://www.pondaeration.com/

I ended up buying a really old one and am converting it to pump air this spring (hopefully). I love the looks of them in the pasture.

My connection is too slow to see th links that you and Kell have provided. However, I too like the windmills. I also did a lot of research and ended up contacting the "pond boss". They have a ton of great information and are very helpful.
I would not buy from TSC. I purchased from Pond Boss and am very happy with my pump ect. (I could not afford a good windmill system.)

Thanks for the replies. Keep em coming I'm going to do some sort of areation system before summer.

Sure good to hear from you bcg. :tiphat:

fenceman":3nactemr said:
Thanks for the replies. Keep em coming I'm going to do some sort of areation system before summer.

Thank you!
Did you google Pond Boss? They can tell you anything that you need to know. :D

branguscowgirl":8envtub7 said:
fenceman":8envtub7 said:

Thank you!
Did you google Pond Boss? They can tell you anything that you need to know. :D

Just did , perfect, even got a forum. :cboy:
Thanks a bunch

Already joined I'll introduce myself after work this evening.

Everyone here, y'all are going miss out on me talking about my fish.
Y'all can thank bcg.

If you're thinking about building a pond, don't go to the pond boss forum. Since BCG posted about it I've read so much my eyes are burning and dropped $35 on a subscription!

Thanks for the link!

SJB why are you paying for it? There is enough information there for free! :mrgreen:

Glad that you like it. See us girls know a little bit about pond areation! Lol

fenceman":2tb6j5o2 said:
Already joined I'll introduce myself after work this evening.

Everyone here, y'all are going miss out on me talking about my fish.
Y'all can thank bcg.
I joined it years ago, but haven't been back in forever. They still send me a "Happy Birthday" email tho. :D

Latest posts