Texas private pond bass question

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Removing largemouth bass (various sizes...with owners permission) from one private pond and transferring them to another private pond on another person's property..(distance is about 6 miles between the properties)
Legal or some kind of state regulation preventing it?

greybeard":24vk0gnn said:
Removing largemouth bass (various sizes...with owners permission) from one private pond and transferring them to another private pond on another person's property..(distance is about 6 miles between the properties)

None that I know of.
Biologists lives down the road I can ask him. I know they are hung up about zebra mussels.

Seems like zebra mussels are turning up in alot of lakes now, the lake we fish in north west Wisconsin discovered them over a year ago.

greybeard":2x75hm2u said:

Private to private one time deal between two men. Just do it.

Now if you're selling fish , advertising and what not. You will need a commercial fish dealers license. 500.00 iirc. For game fish.
A bait dealers license for baitfish..80.00
Iirc . Your water will be inspected for zebra mussels either way.

Fwiw. It's currently illegal to use baitfish from one water body in another water body without a receipt from a licensed bait dealer. :roll:

callmefence":1pgtza6m said:
Caustic Burno":1pgtza6m said:
GB he said private to private is okay.
Just can't involve any public water.

Word is that at certain times GB can catch yellowfin tuna off his porch.
Probably need to be careful about selling those.....idk

I have seen pictures of his waterfront property, one had a Missouri class battleship in it.

Not to get off topic, but how much damage does zebra mussels do to a lake, I know lake Michigan has had them for year's, chartered a boat last fall and couldn't believe how clean the water actually looked and we did good fishing, I know what they eat and it does hurt the smaller bait fish, but what is the long term effect on a lake that is infested with zebra mussels, it seems like alot of lakes have this problem.