Poly tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

Little Joe

Reaction score
I'm doing another NRCS water project, they're letting me go with 1000 gallon tanks this time. Would you go with poly or metal and which brand will hold up best?

I haven't been able to find Rubbermaid in 1000 gallons, found a behlen country and another brand I can't think of offhand.
Would you be burying it? Or partially underground? Or on top of the ground? A good bed of crush run should be easy on their bottom.

I've bought some used plastic tanks, Rubbermaid I believe. They're at least 15 years old. Seem to be holding up pretty good. These are only 250 or 300 gallons though. Big difference there.

Would you be burying it? Or partially underground? Or on top of the ground? A good bed of crush run should be easy on their bottom.

I've bought some used plastic tanks, Rubbermaid I believe. They're at least 15 years old. Seem to be holding up pretty good. These are only 250 or 300 gallons though. Big difference there.
I have to dig down 6" and backfill with gravel and put tank on top of gravel. Thought about putting sand underneath it.

I haven't been able to find Rubbermaid in 1000 gallons, found a behlen country and another brand I can't think of offhand.
I've bought 6 of the Rubbermaid before I learned that they were a bad investment due to thick ice cracking them. I've got several of the Behren that are 12 or so years old. No problems with ice cracking them. Had as much as 6 inches of ice on them last winter.

Latest posts