Plumbing sprayer tanks together.

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
I have a 25 gallon boom sprayer in the back of my Mule. My Uncle bought a 25 gallon boomless sprayer that he never used so he gave it to me. I mounted it along side the other one on the Mule. So I have 2 complete sprayers (one boom, one boomless) in the Mule. I can't think of any reason why I can't plumb the 2 tanks together via the drain spouts, thus giving me 50 gallons of spray water for either sprayer instead of 25? I would obviously fill both tanks with water then divide the chemical between the 2.

I was really surprised at how fast you can spray 25 gallons with a boom sprayer and I would like to double my capacity without spending any money.

dun

Reaction score
It will work, but to insure the chemicals are mixed evenly you would need to mix each tank by itself before connecting them. A simple ball valve in the hose connecting them would do for that. And if you only wanted to mix part of a tank you could just shut the valve and use one tank

OP
millstreaminn

millstreaminn

Reaction score
I got to try out my idea last night. I plumbed the 2 tanks together with a washing machine hose via the drain ports. I was spraying water faster (boomless) than it would transfer from one tank to the next. The tank I was spraying out of would be dry before the other tank was 1/2 empty. I'd have to sit and wait for the spray to flow from one tank to the next. Would be faster to just use one tank. At least I am not out anything.

Latest posts