• 7)

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alisonb

Reaction score
Fantastic photographs again
icon__clap.gif
Voters please be sure to vote for the pic that you feel best depicts our theme 'showers'.

1)
SHOWER1.jpg

2)
shower2.jpg

3)
shower3.jpg

4)
shower4.jpg

5)
shower5.jpg

6)
shower6.jpg

7)
20180221_185834.jpg

As much as I like looking at big sky, rainbows, and big country, Im going with all the cloud contrasts in #7.
(Too bad about the board glitches, I'm sure it put a damper on entries this time around)

The use of fuzzy pink birds and mountain backdrops seems more unfair than unfurling the Stars and Stripes in a mild breeze. lol Great pics by all.

Farm Fence Solutions":2371bwul said:
The use of fuzzy pink birds and mountain backdrops seems more unfair than unfurling the Stars and Stripes in a mild breeze. lol Great pics by all.

icon_lol.gif

Great pics by all
icon_nod.gif

Farm Fence Solutions":2odxj13j said:

and having a home rainbow generator helps too. ;- :hide:

Yep, good entries!

#2 hit chord with me as well. My grandfather's place had a big tree in the middle of the back driveway before entering the pasture where there was always a bunch of 'stuff' piled around it, and my father always placed 'stuff' arouund trees to keep from running over it (but he did it with multiple trees, cause he had so much excess of "my good stuff' .

Nesikep":2vcap156 said:
Nice pics.. Boondocks, That doesn't look like any part of NY I travelled to!
Ha ha ha. Ya busted me, Nesi. These were hiking in Switzerland last year. I do have some good NY ones too but my photos are all scrambled. Will see if I can find a NY one.

Scariest moment I ever had in a storm, incidentally, was about 10 yrs ago in your part of the world. Got caught in a lightning storm on a pretty high peak up Mt Robson. Did a crab walk/ scramble as we were well above tree line and lightning was hitting all around us. Took hours to get off the mountain and got a bit hypothermic to boot.

I thought those were Swiss Alps.. haven't been there in 30 years, but it's in my blood.
Only thing they're missing are cows!.. Cows with horns and bells!

Nesikep":2rpqpo49 said:
I thought those were Swiss Alps.. haven't been there in 30 years, but it's in my blood.
Only thing they're missing are cows!.. Cows with horns and bells!

Oh I got cows-with-bells pics. And the hills they hay are crazy. Will post a few (sorry to hijack thread, Alison).

boondocks":3e8f0503 said:

The angles they cut hay at......this was by far not the steepest. Some were straight up!
Son of Butch will be here in a minute to tell you straight up is a cliff or wall, not a hill.

(I've seen some vids of those steep angles being mowed..impressive but not me !!! I like both cheeks of my butt to be firmly seated, not one pressed against the side of the seat.)