i-ccjRpdZ-L_zpsaa61f706-1.jpg

TexasBred 2:

ga.prime 3:
a1d8a137-92f7-45c5-94df-ca90b0e6b186_zps8081c6be-1.jpg

crossbredcalves 4:

alisonb 5:

hillsdown 6:

slick4591 7:

I don't usually critique the photos in these contests but having done a fair amount of B&W photography this is how they hit me.

#1 nice but trite and way too contrasty.
#2. cute kid
#3 fantastic subject matter and composition but coulda used more contrast
#4. Currier and Ives and well photographed. My second pick
#5 Great take off on Moonrise Hernandez but not Ansel Adams quality
#6. Great photograph but not so great subject matter
#7 My pick.....outstanding use of the media and well...........i just like chickens.

I love chickens,,,, crispy fried with biscuits and gravy for Sunday dinner.. All those chicken dinners with my Mom and two Grandmas,,,,, Man they all could fry some chicken. mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmm

Plus I worked two years at Kentucky Fried, ate more fried chicken than any man alive, and I still love fried chicken. As far as I know, I invented spicy fried chicken in 1976..

I just didn't look at #7 that way, or maybe I would have picked it too.

3waycross":2e2283ie said:
I don't usually critique the photos in these contests but having done a fair amount of B&W photography this is how they hit me.

#2. cute kid
#7 My pick.....outstanding use of the media and well...........i just like chickens.

Well, I let my chicken decide which one I should vote for and she chose pic #3 . :tiphat: I guess we all can be critics . :p :lol:

I propose a new rule: comments which may sway the decisions of other voters should be prohibited until after the poll has closed.

The entries are anonymous (although I bet those of you who know each other well know whose is whose) and I personally think it unfair to bring attention to any entry in particular during the voting period.

Putangitangi":1q3mvcqm said:
I propose a new rule: comments which may sway the decisions of other voters should be prohibited until after the poll has closed.

The entries are anonymous (although I bet those of you who know each other well know whose is whose) and I personally think it unfair to bring attention to any entry in particular during the voting period.
I thought hillsdown took them all.

Didn't mean to influence anyone's vote.

HDRider":29cipw0x said:
Putangitangi":29cipw0x said:

I thought hillsdown took them all.

Didn't mean to influence anyone's vote.

I do take them all and post them anonymously HDRider .

If a comment sways one anyway than he/she originally wanted to vote then perhaps one should look inside themselves as to how naïve or easily persuaded they are .

Putangitangi, we will take all comments into consideration for future contests , thanks for your input. :tiphat:

3waycross":2059umhj said:

If you look closely, the subject matter is a homeless person sleeping on the bench .

Putangitangi":1fbh0mye said:

You know Puta the nice thing about living in America. I can say what I want. I do not have a dog in this fight but apparently you do and winning a contest on a cattle forum apparantly means a lot to you.

Now no more whining! :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

hillsdown":2fhkprfw said:
3waycross":2fhkprfw said:

If you look closely, the subject matter is a homeless person sleeping on the bench .

sorry HD as far as I can tell it could be a sack of potatoes from that angle.

Hope I didn't mess up the contest with my scholarly dissertation!

and Putan I am actually sorry if i offended you with my ideas.

Nobody's offended me, I just thought it would be a good idea to keep the comments on the photos in a competition until after the voting had ended. Seems fairer, somehow.

3waycross":2ujpogmh said:

#2. cute kid

If it was AA's quality I doubt it would appear in a cattle forum photo contest ;-)

Nice entries everyone :D

3waycross":1f2m83gt said:

#2. cute kid

I was going to vote for number one but after reading this I decided to vote for 3. You almost convinced me for number seven but hey, Im not naive enough to be persuaded by others opinion

Craig Miller":2ewaabrf said:
3waycross":2ewaabrf said:

#2. cute kid

I was going to vote for number one but after reading this I decided to vote for 3. You almost convinced me for number seven but hey,
Im not naive enough to be persuaded by others opinion

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: good for you! and FWIW I was only stating my opinion, and that's worth what ya'll paid for it.

Putangitangi":18iaphro said:

Dam......I voted before I read the comments and I would have easily sold my vote to the highest bidder. :cowboy: All kidding aside, I love to look at B&W photos. Details just jump out at you and there are some good ones here. BTW that dried up tank looks like some around here. :cry2:

hillsdown":1hukijqy said:
1:
i-ccjRpdZ-L_zpsaa61f706-1.jpg

I like horses but I can't see it well enough

2:
Cute kid but he seems to be saying "go away and leave me alone"

3:
a1d8a137-92f7-45c5-94df-ca90b0e6b186_zps8081c6be-1.jpg

Reminds me of droughted out Texas too much

4:

Looks to cold for me
5:

Nice pic and probably looks about the same in color

6:

Looks like a pretty place but lack of color gives me a sad felling

7:

The mental picture of 3way and a chicken is not a pleasant thought and quoting all the the pics was for 3way I know how he enjoys it

Come on cross. I said I like chickens, I didn't say there was any love involved! :shock: ;-)

BTW good assesment of the pictures. Ya'll better be careful Ole Puta will chew yer but next.