• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pole barn insulation?

tom4018

Reaction score
What is better the double bubble foil stuff or the vinyl backed fiberglass? Building will be used for garage/shop. I won't try to fully heat it maybe just knock the chill off if I have to do something in the winter. I want to stop the condensation problem for sure though.

A

Anonymous

depends on r value you could also blow on insulation ,sticks to it an seals small cracks at same time,thinking about re doing my shop next year if i can aford to my fiberglass i hate mice an birds hav worked it over prety good in lets say 30 to 35 years

reeler

Reaction score
mooo":12scbe3j said:
depends on r value you could also blow on insulation ,sticks to it an seals small cracks at same time,thinking about re doing my shop next year if i can aford to my fiberglass i hate mice an birds hav worked it over prety good in lets say 30 to 35 years
A few years ago the blow on insulation was our first choice, but too expensive. Maybe it's better priced now-worth looking into.Will be interested to hear what you decide.

cfpinz

Reaction score
M-5":dpy22yrq said:
Foil double bubble is primarily a radiant barrier. It will help but not proper insulation. Vinyl back fiberglass is far better choice .

I used the foil bubble on a 40x64x14 shop that I built a few years ago. Like you said, it's not a proper insulation but it stays comfortable enough in there to work in the winter with no heat down to freezing or so, then I run a diesel bullet heater if I need to knock the chill off. The main thing I like about the bubble wrap is how much cooler it keeps the shop in the summer, pretty noticeable difference.

midTN_Brangusman

Reaction score
Used the double bubble on my horse barn, I can say it stays pretty cool in there during the summer. Helps out in winter too. Its 40 x 250

Latest posts