Pole barn insulation?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
What is better the double bubble foil stuff or the vinyl backed fiberglass? Building will be used for garage/shop. I won't try to fully heat it maybe just knock the chill off if I have to do something in the winter. I want to stop the condensation problem for sure though.

depends on r value you could also blow on insulation ,sticks to it an seals small cracks at same time,thinking about re doing my shop next year if i can aford to my fiberglass i hate mice an birds hav worked it over prety good in lets say 30 to 35 years

mooo":12scbe3j said:
depends on r value you could also blow on insulation ,sticks to it an seals small cracks at same time,thinking about re doing my shop next year if i can aford to my fiberglass i hate mice an birds hav worked it over prety good in lets say 30 to 35 years
A few years ago the blow on insulation was our first choice, but too expensive. Maybe it's better priced now-worth looking into.Will be interested to hear what you decide.

M-5":dpy22yrq said:
Foil double bubble is primarily a radiant barrier. It will help but not proper insulation. Vinyl back fiberglass is far better choice .

I used the foil bubble on a 40x64x14 shop that I built a few years ago. Like you said, it's not a proper insulation but it stays comfortable enough in there to work in the winter with no heat down to freezing or so, then I run a diesel bullet heater if I need to knock the chill off. The main thing I like about the bubble wrap is how much cooler it keeps the shop in the summer, pretty noticeable difference.

Used the double bubble on my horse barn, I can say it stays pretty cool in there during the summer. Helps out in winter too. Its 40 x 250

Latest posts