Pneumonia vaccine

Help Support CattleToday:

tcolvin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Covexin8 covers pasturella pneumonia? I read the box and it covers some respiratory diseases but I want to be sure.,I'm vaccinating my cows soon with Cattlemaster Gold LP5 and Covexin 8, and I'm still not sure about the pinkeye vaccine. Some swear by it and some don't do it at all. Jury is still out for me on this yet. Your thoughts please. I will also be worming some that I think need it.

No, I don't think so. It covers clostridial diseases. I use Once PMH for Pasteurella. It covers Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida. Available in an intranasal (squirt in nose) version PMH-IN for calves 1 week and older. Available in a SQ injectable version PMH-SQ for calves 3 months and older. I give 2 doses - one when 3-4 months old and one at weaning. Pasteurella vaccination is a requirement for the bull test I have participated in. My understanding is that they greatly reduced sickness in the bulls on test after they started requiring Pasteurella vaccination. I have not had a problem on the farm with Pasteurella. If you have a problem with Pasteurella in calves, seems like the intranasal one very early and maybe a second one when other vaccines are given at 3-4 months might help.

Latest posts