Please Help

Help Support CattleToday:

tsy187

Reaction score
Any idea what this bull has? He nods his head, grinds his teeth, and taps his feet. Please see the video to see his movements. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP5wu_sZf58

Take note the bull had some hoof infections prior to this and was given some antibiotics. Soon after the infections healed this occurred. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated. In desperate need to figure it out or he will be put down. Thanks much!

What happens when you turn him out? Does he continue the same exact movements, or walk around normal?
It reminds me of a horse that is penned in a stall and develops weaving or cribbing. Though I am sure this could be much more serious.
Curious as to what he does outside.............
BTW Where are you located?

looks like a nervous issue, like his nervous system has been hit by something. The constant movement of body parts, legs, head...
Like Branguscowgirl said, does he do that outside? I he willingly inside that stall, or is he forced to stay in there? How does he act when he is standing in the middle of a pasture?

Look at the video carefully. It seems like he is contained in a two story pen on the upper deck. Notice the wood floors. I suspect this video was taken in a foreign country, and we will never know how he reacts out in a pasture.

Does he have food in the bunk?

What does he do after he's fed?

My first guess would be a "stable vice" like you'd see in horses that spend too much time in a stall. And I have a dog who does the repetitive movements and foot tapping when she's waiting for food....