Please Help an Ag Major College Student!

Help Support CattleToday:

CoDafft

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am doing a project in which I am creating an enterprise budget for a cow calf operation and required to track the cattle market, and I need some help.

Is there anyway that I can track what culled cows are bringing on the market ? I've learned how to track feeder and live cattle but I can never find anything about culled cows.

Secondly, I need to purchase some kind of cattle to get started. I want to purchase about 30 bred cows maybe 4-5 yrs old. Do you have any tips on following the market, or when to buy and when to sell.

If you have any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them, in fact, here is the situation I am working with so you get the whole picture :
I have 50,000 dollars to start a cow/calf operation in northwest missouri, the only thing I own is a tractor and implements. I have to rent/buy pasture,buy feed, and have to buy cows. I can get any type of loan I need,the 50,000 is not a cutoff point it is just money I have in my pocket starting off. I need to create an enterprise budget, for the operation that i come up with, that will give me the most profit.

Any Ideas yall have would be awesome. thanks !

Latest posts