PIODMONTESE

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3bc67v67 said:
Generally I don;t think about them

dun

you crack me up.

maybe you could meet Kent Powell and yall could have a brevity contest :D

'cmon guys !! they do look a little wierd, admittedly, but you have a bull and a half on one skeleton.... i have never owned one, i mean , i am wierd, but not THAT wierd :shock:

Looks like I get to be the odd man out again here. We had Piedmontese several years ago.
Personally, I like the cattle. I would love to see the muscle structure on Angus like what's on the Piedmontese. I have Piedmontese beef in the freezer and it is as good as any beefI have eaten before. Has a sweeter richer flavor.
The cattle themselves, aren't real flashy with thier colors.
THey are both used for dairy and beef.
Chuckie

My brother has been raising Piedmontese since 1999, I am starting a small seedstock operation also. These cattle produce the best tasting beef I have ever eaten. The bonus is that it is healthy beef, low fat and low cholestrol. It is lean and tender. There are many prejudices out there and mostly from my view the main one is that they are not black. They are fawn when born and range from fawn to anywhere between grey to white at maturity. They orginate in Italy and in Europe are used for both beef and dairy. They do a great job when crossed with most breeds also. You have more meat and less waste per carcas which means more product which means more dollars. The market for Piedmontese influenced cattle is growing and premiums are offered. For more information and to find a breeder in your area go to: http://www.pauscattle.org and check it out.

Latest posts