Pinz

Help Support CattleToday:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :lol:

On a serious note, I really don't know. I've seen some with a lot of white, but really don't like that. Prefer the ones with the least amount of white possible myself.

cfpinz

are there any Pinz cattle that have a clean front and underline?

that skin ribbon from their chin to their sheath drives me nuts.

i would like them if they didnt have it.

Well...To show as a pinzgauer, they can't have white on their face, like a blaze. Other than that, there are pinzgauers that have A LOT of white.

Once again showing my ignorance...

I've never seen alot of Pinzs but all of them I have seen have had white up around the base of their tails.

About ten miles from me are about 10-12 cow in a pasture that don't have the white on their tails but every dern one of them has a white band about 18" wide across their loin and around their bellies. What the heck are they?????Z

MillIronQH":3q2pay30 said:
About ten miles from me are about 10-12 cow in a pasture that don't have the white on their tails but every dern one of them has a white band about 18" wide across their loin and around their bellies. What the heck are they?????Z

Probably Belted Galloway, Buelingo, or Dutch Belted.

We have a wide variety of markings on our Pinzgauers. Some have a lot of white, while others are very dark with less white. Look on our website, http://www.longshotcattle.com for some pictures. When we show, we try to pick animals that have "racing stripes"...the white on their bellies circles around the tops of their legs. I don't know if it's in the regulations, but we don't show anything that has a white leg all the way down to the hoof. I like a little more white showing, while my husband tends to like more red. They shouldn't have white on the head.

And yes, some folks do breed for a cleaner fronted animal, We prefer the tradtional pinzgauer look! But everyone likes something different and that's ok!

Latest posts