PILIGUARD PINKEYE TRIVIEW

Help Support CattleToday:

I used it for years with success. Then I started using a vaccine of local strains are vet clinic is having made up. This past year a very verily the strain hit about sixty miles north of here. I am not sure what the vaccine they are recommending for this strain but they do have a effective vaccines I'm told. Planning to revaccinate my cows as they go to summer pasture. Mel

Waterway65":1nlgropw said:
I used it for years with success. Then I started using a vaccine of local strains are vet clinic is having made up. This past year a very verily the strain hit about sixty miles north of here. I am not sure what the vaccine they are recommending for this strain but they do have a effective vaccines I'm told. Planning to revaccinate my cows as they go to summer pasture. Mel
Once a stain of pinkeye starts in an area is it the same strain the next year or is it a crap shoot?

kenny thomas":ycaga3gb said:
Waterway65":ycaga3gb said:
Once a stain of pinkeye starts in an area is it the same strain the next year or is it a crap shoot?

Yes. It can be the same or it can be a crap shoot.

Yes, We are using Triview. We had a terrible case last year in May on one of our heifers before we vaccinated. I thought she would lose her eye. Ended up having the vet sew it shut and with antibiotics it healed. Today she has some vision and a blue spot, but does okay and is raising her first calf. We vaccinated our herd last year after that episode. I just vaccinated them again last week to booster them hopefully before the flies come. No problems yet.

Latest posts