pictures of new calf for HOBBYFARMERS ONLY!!

Help Support CattleToday:

dane12

Reaction score
TrishaandPatty.jpg

had this little girl last night everything went very with no help not to bad for a first time heifer

Patty.jpg

Awesome pictures. Most hobby farmers love to be able to see pictures of what's happening with other's who willl share. Thanks for posting. :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the healthy heifer.
Does she have an eye patch on the other eye as well ?

Reg Hereford or Sim x ?

Thanks for the photo..... and the creative subject line.

Keep em coming.

hereford and yes she have the same patch on the other eye too

TRISHA.jpg

here is the hereford heifer/cow
Odin.jpg

here is the herford/cross bull

unless you have been raising cattle all your life, you shoudn't be having nice calves like that. You should have to pay your dues and lose half your herd first, walk up hill, 12 miles both ways in the snow to school. anyway nice calf

plbcattle":1gfxsfec said:
unless you have been raising cattle all your life, you shoudn't be having nice calves like that. You should have to pay your dues and lose half your herd first, walk up hill, 12 miles both ways in the snow to school. anyway nice calf

you might be right we have only been doing this for about 5 years
and every year i am learning something new,I have not lost a calf yet however i have lost a couple of cows from the salebarn before i smarten up .had to learn that one the hard way

dane12":yf8ku81b said:
check out good grief post

Its too long to read. Besides I saw who posted it, so I can only guess what it says. Not worth my time.

Nice calf.

Nice looking cattle. I too enjoy seeing healthy well cared for calves and cattle. I hope that part of the business never stops giving me pleasure.

Is there a reason you leave the horns on the bull Dane? Just curious.

Dane, how dare you post such pictures and call us hobby farmers. ,,,,,I am just kidding, but some of the ole timers (PROS) will say something like that on this post or somewehere. Nice calf too, I am a sucker for new babies and love to watch them run around and play.

I am very new to owning cattle on my own but was raised around them and have forgotten more than some will ever know, but I am not afraid to ask a silly question on here, but I sort out the garbage and make my own decisions. I talk to the local people all the time and my vet and the feed store people and they help me all the time. I dint buy the first cow until I had pasture and working facilities ready, year supply of hay, and all my meds and tools of the trade, but I do like to ask questions and make sure if I am on the right track with my decisions.

I guess some of the old timers were born know it alls and came out of the chute with all this knowledge.

AngusLimoX":35d96q1q said:
Nice looking cattle. I too enjoy seeing healthy well cared for calves and cattle. I hope that part of the business never stops giving me pleasure.

Is there a reason you leave the horns on the bull Dane? Just curious.

AMEN on the good grief post being a waste of text.

okay i know i am posting to many picture just wanted to show the last 3 calves i had one born 2 weeks ago one on monday and on today wedensday.all born out of first time heifers.I think my other cows(oldtimers) is getting jealous.
Fuzzy2.jpg

born this morning
d1ca7b39.jpg

born 2 days ago
7d12473f.jpg

born 10 days ago

okay i am done for a couple of weeks i am sorry if i have offended some people on here but here at our house everybody loves getting new calfes

dane12":398jhet5 said:
plbcattle":398jhet5 said:

you might be right we have only been doing this for about 5 years
and every year i am learning something new,I have not lost a calf yet however i have lost a couple of cows from the salebarn before i smarten up .had to learn that one the hard way

I feel your pain!! We lost one last year and nearly lost a cow last month because of bad salebarn purchase! I think I am going to buy about 10-15 good heifers this year and not worry about the barn unless we are selling!! :cboy:

Latest posts