Pictures from today

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Since it was so nice out I just HAD to get outside and here is the result.

The daughters cow. Easy to pick out of the herd.
1132007.jpg

Do you think this girl could be expecting ;-)
582007.jpg

A 2 year old. Gelbveih x Shorthorn
342007.jpg

My avatar heifer grown up some more
200heifer2007.jpg

It is tough when you can't get near them eh?? :D :D
106nose.jpg

And I thought cows didn't bite. Wonder what it tastes like??
106glove.jpg

Does this mean it tastes good oooooor bad :cboy:
106yawn.jpg

The OLD barn
barncorralsb.jpg

The NEW barn
newbarn.jpg

Thanks for the pics, it's about 55 where I'm at. That would be warm enough for y'all to go swimming. :lol:

Is the 2 yr old gelv/shorthorn expecting in spring?

I have some coming 2 yr olds gelv/angus that look a lot like her.

Susie David":3igt1p67 said:
Like the "bus"...have a herf like that...won't fit in the alley or chute...due feb 4th.
Thanks for sharing.
Dmc

I call her a tank, but you are right I don't think she'll fit down the chute right now. She is due on the 5th of March. Think she might be early as she is showing now, and she isn't one to waste any time.

mitchwi":127ovdjd said:
Is the 2 yr old gelv/shorthorn expecting in spring?

I have some coming 2 yr olds gelv/angus that look a lot like her.

Yes she is. Bred Red Angus for Mar 1. She's bagging, but I think she will be a little later. She is out of a Shorthorn cow and Gelbv bull. I think she looks a lot like a straight Red Angus. Think chances are pretty good that it will be a solid red calf ;-)

tncattle":2hdtx3mh said:
Thanks for the pics, it's about 55 where I'm at. That would be warm enough for y'all to go swimming. :lol:

You mean they make thermometers that go all the way up tp 55 degrees.

i love it when they yawn like that one. its probably one of the cutest things ever on this earth. besides baby calves. they are the CUTEST!!

Thanks for sharing the pics. I too have a huge heifer. She's making me a little nervous. I AI'd her to a proven heifer bull and I just keep watching her get larger and larger. If there isn't triplets I will be surprised.

We gonna hit 70 for the second day in a row supposed to be nice all week.Just taking this time to rub it in cause I know in July we will be breaking 100's again and yall will have the chance to ge teven with us

Randi, those are some great, candid shots! :D Thanks!

Alice

Victoria":3648fwf2 said:
Thanks for sharing the pics. I too have a huge heifer. She's making me a little nervous. I AI'd her to a proven heifer bull and I just keep watching her get larger and larger. If there isn't triplets I will be surprised.

She probably is just full of fluids. We have seen that before, and then they just seem to "pee" (for lack of a better word) out a ton of fluids after the calf is born. Better that than twins out of a heifer anyways.

Waymoore":3bscv4n0 said:
We gonna hit 70 for the second day in a row supposed to be nice all week.Just taking this time to rub it in cause I know in July we will be breaking 100's again and yall will have the chance to ge teven with us

Actually we are up above freezing for the last few days, and it is supposed to stay around that for the next week anyways. Pretty nice weather for us ;-) We will get some of that 100 degree weather in Jun-August too I'm sure.

Joy in Texas":1etsdj8l said:
Enjoyed the pictures. Hey thanks for telling me about the dehorning cream. It worked really well.

Alice, you are welcome. Just wait a week or so and I will be posting baby pictures. Should have some cuties!! I can't wait, since we had 3 new bulls last year, and one was my Shorthorn. I am pretty excited to see those new babies ;-)

Joy, what kind of paste did you find? Just curious, and I am glad that it worked for you. Gotta be a little careful with it, the odd calf will bleed. Don't know if they do because you happen to put just a little too much on or if they just have more circulation to the horns than most calves do. I have only had 1 ever do it, but it was difficult to get it stopped.

She looks like she may pop at any time now, I have 2 char heifers that were turned in with the bull on the same date as my other heifers that calved Nov 1-4 2006 and I thought they were both open. I did the blood test and they both came back positive and they both look like your cow. I hope any day.

randiliana":37j2kten said:
Victoria":37j2kten said:

She probably is just full of fluids. We have seen that before, and then they just seem to "pee" (for lack of a better word) out a ton of fluids after the calf is born. Better that than twins out of a heifer anyways.

Randi is probably right. I had a heifer that looked like that calve last Friday. I was so sure it was twins that I had a cow that had lost a breech calf earlier on stand-by just in case. Anyway, when she stood up and wheeled around to lick the calf it looked like one of those Gatorade showers they give the winning coach.

Hasbeen":3uaifrs6 said:
Randi is probably right. I had a heifer that looked like that calve last Friday. I was so sure it was twins that I had a cow that had lost a breech calf earlier on stand-by just in case. Anyway, when she stood up and wheeled around to lick the calf it looked like one of those Gatorade showers they give the winning coach.

Just make sure YOU stay out of shower range ;-)

Latest posts