pics

Help Support CattleToday:

DPANTOJA

Reaction score
Some cross charx? Heifers and one charolais bulls. Some comments good or bad would be appreciated.
charbull.jpg

char1.jpg

char3.jpg

char4.jpg

char2.jpg

charmix2.jpg

charmix1.jpg
whitepark.jpg

In all honesty, I have a hard time looking at hot-climate cattle b/c they're just a different type altogether. These cattle are obviously not in great condition - not bad either, just thin. So that doesn't help the look of them.

All I can say is, they're cattle. Considering where you are, it's unfair to compare them as apples-to-apples to the cattle posted in green lush pastures, so I'll just say that they are cattle.

Thanks for the response. I am new to raising cattle and with feedback I can improve the way I do it. I need to find some type of grass that does well in hotter climates.

These guys are out of our league. You really have to know hot weather cattle to know these guys / gals. What kind of breeding came up with that bull - obviously some Char., what else ?

or cattle too make it on the grass you have. the ones you have are a little framey.and too much frame and poor quality grass dont mix.they work just too survive not thrive what other breeds are raised in your area

those cattle look like a majority of south texas herds.

I would go with average/smaller brangus, they've worked well near the border for us. also a fella who leases off our place uses a Charbray bull, and the calves look real chunky considering the amt of grass and rain the place gets.

If you have hardly any grass then go with longhorn cows with that charx bull, small frame and they will find something to eat somewhere, and it works :D

I raise cattle in the northwest of Durango, near Sinaloa and Chihuahua (Mexico).

We got a pretty hot climate, and I think that those cows and most of mine look pretty much the same.

How big is the terrain? Are you still feeding them something? We already have left them to roam around the ranch, but some of our neighbors aren't so lucky and still are feeding them.

Since the Sonoran Desert runs through AZ, I'm figuring you might have it just a little bit harder than us.

We have been using Angus/Brangus for quite some time now, and a couple of years ago we started to put some Charolais bulls into the mix with nice results.

My best advice is to always have water near by, hopefully you get a river; and use rotational grazing.

All that being said, I think your cattle is in good shape considering the terrain, hope you can post some before/after pics when the raining season is over.

Charbray cattle are very popular in north Australia where it gets very hot, I think these cattle may need worming, drenching , they seem to have some grass at there feet.

Dpantoja, the Tuli breed was developed from the most heat tolerant adapted Bos Taurus and would fit into any crossbreeding programme in arid and poor forage situations.
Their docile nature, high fertility and good maternal instincts are passed onto the F1 hiefers and as they are unrelated to any other breed in the U.S.A. heterosis is expressed in any cross. Feel free to PM me if you would like further information, or breeder contacts.

YOur herd needs some hereford blood. They do well in heat and will eat almost anything like a longhorn. I would keep syrup tubs out to help with the less desirable forage available.