Pic's

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy-

Reaction score
Here is Idiot and Peaches. Peaches is 14 months here and Idiot is 13 months. This was during the winter about two months ago. I will get updated ones this weekend. Everything I have is winter and they are all fuzzy.

Idiot is in the front and Peaches is the second one back. Not good pcitures but I will try to get better ones tonight when I get home.

son-peach.jpg

born2run":2fiki777 said:
They're "fuzzy?" lol...maybe for ya'll in the south! Anyway, nice looking horses.

leave it to a northerner to put the apostrophe in between the A and the L :roll: ...if you're going to put an apostrophe at least put it where it belongs...y'all :) ...just messing with you born2run :lol: ...they dont look too fuzzy to me either...but flaboy is from down in Florida ...I seen a georgia peach with more fuzz than them horses :D ...nice looking horses though flaboy

Have a good day (y'all)

Yeah, they are slicked up now and I think a lot bigger. When I looked at these pictures and thought, they were only taken two months ago. Then I was thinking about how big they are now, especially Idiot. I will get y'all :lol: some better pics tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I deicded horses are not easy to photograph. From this past weekend June.
SonMar2.jpg

SonMar3.jpg

RebelCritter":of1wxbnc said:
NICE! Got any more pictures?

Not of him. I couldn't get him stand still. I have about decided I just have to let him go and take sneak pictures when he is in a good pose. :lol:

He's pretty, Flabay...get a friend to bring their dog over (on a lead), guaranteed to get good shots...at least it works with donkeys, not sure about horses.

Idiot sure has a nice hind end. What kind of halter is that? Kinda looks like a wrapped around lead rope. Interesting.

Miss Daisy":3w4ku9rl said:
Idiot sure has a nice hind end. What kind of halter is that? Kinda looks like a wrapped around lead rope. Interesting.

Yeah, it's what I refer to as a cowboy halter. I train all my horses to lead and respond to such a rig. I know a REAL cowboy halter is different but that's what I call it. When you don't have a halter handy but need control. Growing up my folks didn't have money for real halters and this is how they taught me. You are correct it is a lead with just a nose loop pulled through it. ;-)

flaboy-":3o2wsd10 said:
Miss Daisy":3o2wsd10 said:

Yeah, it's what I refer to as a cowboy halter. I train all my horses to lead and respond to such a rig. I know a REAL cowboy halter is different but that's what I call it. When you don't have a halter handy but need control. Growing up my folks didn't have money for real halters and this is how they taught me. You are correct it is a lead with just a nose loop pulled through it. ;-)

I like the set up. I am gonna have to give it a shot. Looks like it works great. Thanks!

It's a tractor supply special, $99. It's 10x20. I am getting one for the cattle pen. I plan to put it up over the squeeze chute for my summer worming session. Helps keep the sun off of ya. Then I will just remove the tarp until next time.

Your horses are so cute. They do look a bit skinny but i think thats how theyre supposed to look :lol: Also i dont like the name Idiot. How did you get that name for it ?

still looking for a tractor supply special...
10x20 would be a nice size.

StandardBredBlaze":167tht5s said:
Your horses are so cute. They do look a bit skinny but i think thats how theyre supposed to look :lol: Also i dont like the name Idiot. How did you get that name for it ?

I think the horses look skinny because they are still young. 15 and 16 months old.

The short of it is, when I got this horse he was a colt and had an attitude. The attitude didn't bother me much but I wanted to run him with the filly and I wanted a horse that only had me on his mind so I had him gelded. That process didn't do much for his attitude but he and I have about come to terms now :lol:

When I first got him he charged me twice, about killed me in the stall, I couldn't catch him, and the list goes on. His registered name is One Lucky Sonofadun but I soon changed it to IDIOT. He is now just Idiot and soon should be called just Son I hope. He will not get his given name until he becomes the horse I know he can be. He is a very fast learner and has made great strides in recent months but still has a way to go. I have recently been working him with my whip (no not beating him just getting him used to the noise and close proximity). I have also started to bag (plastic) him. He is doing better than I expected. Well that's how he got his nickname but he is rapidly becoming my buddy. :lol:

Central Fl Cracker":3pxsv2e3 said:
Flaboy
You gotta make up your mind, are you going to be in the cattle biz or the horse biz. I bet the girlfriiend is driving the horse biz. :lol: :lol:

I had horses for many years. My dad told me I was almost born on one. I got out of them for a while because I thought 4wheelers were easier to keep. I soon realized that cows don't respect 4wheelers much. After the past few really hot summers trying to work them to the pens on foot, tractors, and Jeep, I said that's it back to horses. I am getting too old to play those silly games some of them cows want to play. :lol: