Pics of Fires in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Dang neat pictures, even though they are from a very terrible time for you guys.

Tell that sheriff to look where he is going and to put his Nomex on.

I read reports that forecast rain moving in this weekend, let's hope they are right. I also read that Perry had requested assistance from Obama 10 days ago, perhaps Obama is waiting for the rain....

alisonb":18tseb5t said:
I read reports that forecast rain moving in this weekend, let's hope they are right. I also read that Perry had requested assistance from Obama 10 days ago, perhaps Obama is waiting for the rain....

He's on the campaign trail already(Barracko)et al. Probably hasn't received the request...and Perry is a republican. Doubt we'll get much from DC. I think rain and hail has helped some....a few are as much as 85% contained but still having high winds which drys it right back out very quickly.

Thanks for the pic's. Two of the guys I work with are at the PK fire and said today that most of the crews are being released.
Lots of homes lost and lives impacted.
Don't know if I would have the heart to rebuild if it happened here and we lost everything. I know at least one CT member here has been through it a few years ago and I have the greatest respect for him.
I have been on fires in TX and the only thing I have seen that is even close to them is in Florida. Hope you get more rain.

I usually don't comment on anything political but I bet if the same fires were in Virginia and smoke was going over DC all of the politicians would be screaming to help.

The comments (forum) on the bottom beneath all those pictures are heart felt words.

Seeing the wooden fence posts is a heart break memory. Just the fencing is a lot of labor going up in smoke. Galvanized is burned off and the wire will soon be gone too. Nothing left but a mess to clean up.

The P.K. fire has burned for two weeks now. The rain was a blessing. Losing those 45 mph winds with gusts up to 60 was a blessing.

Kenny we appreciate you and all the other folks who protect lives and property. If you land in P.K. pm me. It aint all that far. It would be an honor to buy a nice dinner.

I agree Boogie on the big thank you, these boys over here have been running non-stop.
This wind we have been having in this timber country has been dealing them fits.

backhoeboogie":4g0huem0 said:
The comments (forum) on the bottom beneath all those pictures are heart felt words.

Seeing the wooden fence posts is a heart break memory. Just the fencing is a lot of labor going up in smoke. Galvanized is burned off and the wire will soon be gone too. Nothing left but a mess to clean up.

The P.K. fire has burned for two weeks now. The rain was a blessing. Losing those 45 mph winds with gusts up to 60 was a blessing.

Kenny we appreciate you and all the other folks who protect lives and property. If you land in P.K. pm me. It aint all that far. It would be an honor to buy a nice dinner.

Moved our guys from the PK to the Rockhouse fire. Got a couple more going to west TX for initial attack on Sunday. Still don't have any request for our engines or dozers. We been doing tornado work anyway so I guess we are somewhat needed here also.

These pictures look like many I've seen from CA. We can understand their pain on a regular basis. God Bless the firefighters, their support crews and those private citizens that help them fight. It takes a lot more than a community to stop these fires.

Latest posts