Pics from 2008. (Dial up killer)

Help Support CattleToday:

edde_1

Reaction score
It been a while since i posted any pics here on Cattle today. So now i post various pics from 2008.
Feel free to comment.
DSC00260.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

tjur1.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

Nice animals. I especially like the picture with the calf looking right at the camera and wrinkling his/her nose! What breed/cross are they? Your cows look really milky

Beefy, muscular, straight topped bulls, stout calves. I'm guessing mostly Simmental, and the old time variety at that. There are some that look like they have some Hereford influence, which I attribute to the early simmi pioneers "breeding up" their Herf based herds. The first almost looked like he could have some Beefmaster to me. Is the solid colored bull a Red Angus?

greenwillowhereford II":cm2x7d9t said:
Beefy, muscular, straight topped bulls, stout calves. I'm guessing mostly Simmental, and the old time variety at that. There are some that look like they have some Hereford influence, which I attribute to the early simmi pioneers "breeding up" their Herf based herds. The first almost looked like he could have some Beefmaster to me. Is the solid colored bull a Red Angus?

Yes, it mostly simmental. All my cows are atleast 50% simmental, a great part of the herd is sim x char cows.

I use the Red Angus bull (the solid red) on cows that is sim x char, to get a three way cross to get as much out of the heterosis as possible.

I dont have any Hereford influense in my herd, i am always looking for dark red simbulls to my cows, cause i like te color. To the heifers i try to find dark red simbulls but it´s hard to find one that have low birthweigt. It seems to me that the yellow sims are a bit thinner and have lower birthweigt then the dark red.

The first bull is a pure sim, as a matter of fact we dont have Beefmaster in sweden.

edde_1":a3djbyl1 said:
greenwillowhereford II":a3djbyl1 said:

Yes, it mostly simmental. All my cows are atleast 50% simmental, a great part of the herd is sim x char cows.

I use the Red Angus bull (the solid red) on cows that is sim x char, to get a three way cross to get as much out of the heterosis as possible.

I dont have any Hereford influense in my herd, i am always looking for dark red simbulls to my cows, cause i like te color. To the heifers i try to find dark red simbulls but it´s hard to find one that have low birthweigt. It seems to me that the yellow sims are a bit thinner and have lower birthweigt then the dark red.

The first bull is a pure sim, as a matter of fact we dont have Beefmaster in sweden.

I didn't even look to see where you were from! I did think there was some Char influence in some of those.