Pics for your viewing pleasure

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Just a collection of pics cos I like lookin at em, and I thought you might like to, too.

Yesterday one of the local vets had an open day, and asked for us to bring our harness goats along to do goat rides. It all went very well.

Little Red

Little_red.jpg

Charlie (pulling) and Chaplin (tied at the back)

Charlie_and_Chappy.jpg

A friend of mine has red deer and he does performances all over Australia, 'Santa' arrives at shopping malls and schools etc in a sleigh pulled by reindeer. He travels for basically a month with 1 - 3 performances a day - travelling the whole time around the east of Australia. I am hoping to do the tour with him next year to help out, this year uni exams were in the road.

Regal is the big boy on the right, he is about 20 yrs. Buddy is the younger bloke on the left, he is only 2 or 3 yrs.

Regal_and_Buddy.jpg

After Santa drove down the main street the deer were put in a pen inside the mall for a few hours, for people to look and pat.

Regal tired from all the hard work

Regal.jpg

Buddy perfectly relaxed

Buddy.jpg

Those are some great photo's Keren, thanks for sharing and you were right I did enjoy looking at them. Although to see people in t-shirts and light clothing around Santa is strange, as it is so cold here.

How cool is this! Love the pics and seeing the people enjoy themselves around the animals. You should have a blast next year with Santa and the reindeer.

Alice

Neat pics!

So are red deer raised commercially over there, or how did your friend end up with them?

Chrisy, it has gotten so hot here the last few days we are losing stock to heatstroke.

Baxter, of course we have Santa, what else would we have???

Chrisy ... that is one song ... and I dont think most Australian kids even know it. He definitely uses REINDEER and anything else is just blasphemy!

Come to think of it, I dont even know what a white Boomer is ...

MM, deer in Australia are farmed ... we dont have wild deer as such except those that have escaped from deer farms (not many). We mainly have fallow, red and rusa. Graham orders fawns from commercial breeders, gets them as they are born and bottle raises them. He tried fallow because they are prettier, but they were too unpredictable.

baxter78":2z386vnd said:
Keren":2z386vnd said:
Chrisy, it has gotten so hot here the last few days we are losing stock to heatstroke.

Baxter, of course we have Santa, what else would we have???

Chrisy ... that is one song ... and I dont think most Australian kids even know it. He definitely uses REINDEER and anything else is just blasphemy!

Come to think of it, I dont even know what a white Boomer is ...

MM, deer in Australia are farmed ... we dont have wild deer as such except those that have escaped from deer farms (not many). We mainly have fallow, red and rusa. Graham orders fawns from commercial breeders, gets them as they are born and bottle raises them. He tried fallow because they are prettier, but they were too unpredictable.

Well before he died I figured Steve Irwin or perhaps even paul hogan delivered the presents over there.

:lol2: :lol2:

Keren....we were at a Christmas Charity Concert a few years back and Rolf Harris sang about White Boomers and painted one of his famous pictures, and he painted six White Kangaroo's, explaining what they were to Santa, as he was painting. All the children there including my Daughter got a signed copy of a small painting by Rolf.

Keren":234hpqlw said:
Bax ... you do know most Australians dont actually talk like Steve Irwin?? Hope I'm not bursting your bubble ...

Chrisy, I did wonder whether the 'boomers' were roos. Never seen a white roo though.

Keren, how can you not know what boomers are??! Back at home (SA), there is a wildlife park with a heap of white roos. They're like albinos. Can't remember where they originate, but they do exist.

Crikey!!

Latest posts