pic beefmaster cow

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i just posted a pic of my paint beefmaster cow in gallery.go look an tell me what yall think about her.

bb338cow.jpg

I think she's quite nice, thank you!

Alice

thanks all i think she is very nice.i looked at her fri evening before the sale on sat.an i knew as soon as i looked at her that i had to get her if she in my price range.i just bought 2 more cows off her owner this week.1 is a 99 pair with a 3 month old bull calf.the other is a 99 bred cow thats 5 months bred.the 3 month old bull has the herd bull stamp on him already.3 months old an 300lbs.his momma is a calf rasing machine.

thats a nice looking cow but why is she just standing around? shes got plenty of grass to mow. chop chop.

Always liked beefmasters. Great debth on that cow. Good looking

Thanks for the pic.

PS I think you need to borrow my hay baler

Joy in Texas":gg3jamv5 said:
I like her bigbull, Who is she out of ? She would fit right in with all of mine.
her sire is genesis 9/00 her dam is tx dipsey doodle 2892.an she is 6 months bred to kentucky cotton.

nortexsoook":vcjartpa said:
Why with all that grass are you troughing her?

I like a hustler myself, but if you like feeding them, more power to ya!

What kind of "seedstock breeder" (and I used the term loosely) has such a loose calving season? Bought a pair and a nine month bred cow? Year round calving?

If I was in the beefmaster biz in Texas, I'd look up Watt Casey in Albany, Texas. Real world cattle, calving in a 45 day window.

I guess your cattle will work fine for your little hobby deal though.
im troughing her to get her used to the place an me being around them.the cattle that i buy will be out in the real world.only getting hay in winter when the grass is gone.an very little sup graining.every seedstock breeder that i know of calves yr round.so they have show calves an herd bull prospects for sale yr round.

bigbull338":2adcvn9y said:
nortexsoook":2adcvn9y said:

What kind of "seedstock breeder" (and I used the term loosely) has such a loose calving season? Bought a pair and a nine month bred cow? Year round calving?

If I was in the beefmaster biz in Texas, I'd look up Watt Casey in Albany, Texas. Real world cattle, calving in a 45 day window.

im troughing her to get her used to the place an me being around them.the cattle that i buy will be out in the real world.only getting hay in winter when the grass is gone.an very little sup graining.every seedstock breeder that i know of calves yr round.so they have show calves an herd bull prospects for sale yr round.

You don't owe this "person" any explanations...you know what you are doing, that's obvious.

Did ya' ever notice that everytime this guy gets banned, he comes back with an extra o in his name. He's up to 4.

Alice

Alice":2pdewo85 said:
bigbull338":2pdewo85 said:
nortexsoook":2pdewo85 said:

You don't owe this "person" any explanations...you know what you are doing, that's obvious.

Did ya' ever notice that everytime this guy gets banned, he comes back with an extra o in his name. He's up to 4.

Alice
now that you mention it i do see a bunch of os in his name.all im doing right now is building the best seedstock herd that i can build.

bigbull338":4wtfhpih said:
Joy in Texas":4wtfhpih said:
I like her bigbull, Who is she out of ? She would fit right in with all of mine.
her sire is genesis 9/00 her dam is tx dipsey doodle 2892.an she is 6 months bred to kentucky cotton.

I don't know anything about the breed but those are some cool names very catchy.Dipsey doodle and kentuckey cotton.What are you going to name the calf if you decide to keep it you better start thinking of a good name so you can get something as flashy as those.The names definately go with a flashy cow like her.

I am usually firmly against supplementing seedstock cows with grain, but to get a new addition to your herd used to you by giving a little feed is good practice, they call it management ;-)

hillsdown":je5f51k1 said:
bigbull338":je5f51k1 said:
Joy in Texas":je5f51k1 said:

I don't know anything about the breed but those are some cool names very catchy.Dipsey doodle and kentuckey cotton.What are you going to name the calf if you decide to keep it you better start thinking of a good name so you can get something as flashy as those.The names definately go with a flashy cow like her.
the cows name is jewel.so if its a bull ill name him diamond jim.an if its a heifer calf ill call her jewels diamond.

nortexsoook":1jfcoc9e said:
I meant 5 months bred. I think that's what you said in your orignal post. That is a strung out calving season. And, no most seedstock producers don't have a spread out calving season. Maybe the shysters and hucksters do.

Take Care!!!

I haven't been banned in quite some time. Some people just have a hard time with good honest opinions. Whats life like down in dairyland (S'ville)?
ok ill answer your question on why she is strung out calving.the guys herd consultant told him to AU breed her.an he held her open till he could decide.then he bred her to his herd bull kentucky cotton.

here's a couple more:

The first one has a black cow/calf pair in the background.

bbcow15.jpg

bbcow17.jpg

Latest posts