Photobucket.. Grrr...

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to leave photobucket.. it's becoming more of a hassle than it's worth. They have changed the login system for their apps, and it has broken all the 3rd party apps, which were much slicker, smaller and better (Photofolio was my favourite). Not only that, but it's become so full of advertising, popups, trackers and garbage that on a slow connection it's impossible to view your albums in a reasonable manner...
What are the options to it? I haven't used Flickr... anyone have much experience with it? Other services?

I just started a Flickr account.. from what I see, it does all the same things, the maker of the app I liked has one for Flickr as well that's laid out the same (and still works), and Flickr gives you 100x more space,.. Enough that I can store every picture I've ever taken... 1000 GB I'm going to try it out.

Another thing that was pizzing me off about PB is that stupid _zpsxxxxx they add to every picture now.. Before I was able to look up the name of picture on my computer, and knew it would be the same on PB, which saved me going through everything looking for it.. Oh, and the PB app is *slow*

I use drop box that's a good free one I have hundreds of photo's in it. can't copy and paste on to the forum with it though so still use PB for that, have never had any trouble with it, but I have fiber optic very fast link broad band, not sure if that makes a difference.

I agree Nesi! PB is a pain in the butt! I still can't figure it all out. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I can edit, sometimes I can't. Don't know if it is ALL user error or what.

From what I've seen on Flickr so far, there are less ads, and the ones they do have aren't as intrusive.. PB has those darned video ads with sound.. that pizzes me off like nothing else.

I have only a cell phone connection, which isn't terribly fast, but more importantly I don't want to waste my bandwidth on video ads

Nesikep":2snywd95 said:
From what I've seen on Flickr so far, there are less ads, and the ones they do have aren't as intrusive.. PB has those darned video ads with sound.. that pizzes me off like nothing else.

I have only a cell phone connection, which isn't terribly fast, but more importantly I don't want to waste my bandwidth on video ads
Will an adblocker stop the videro ads?
I have pb and haven't noticed any video ads, but haven't looked at it in a couple of weeks.
I used to have imageshack, but they went paid format except for a little bitty amt of storage space, so I just pretty much abandoned that service.

Haven't been able to use photobucket for years.
Not much else works either. I used to upload photos to blog sites quite a lot, but rarely successful with that these days.

Latest posts