Photo : Bred or open

Help Support CattleToday:

9 ER

Reaction score
These 2 brangus heifer were bred at the same time (I think) and are due to calf in May. What do you think?

I'm starting to think that the bottom one got bred before I got her. If so, she should calf in March. The man who I bought them from also bred them for me(Beefy, before you comment his bull actually did the breeding).

The bottom one is starting to bag and her ninnies are getting bigger. Is this too early for a due date in May?

59093819207_0_ALB.jpg

67767819207_0_ALB.jpg

sorry about that. Tried another site besides photobucket. It came out previously when I checked preview.

For some reason I cant enlarge photos useing photobucket, so all I can post are these baby pictures

th_Thelmastute.jpg

th_Louisestute.jpg

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue! Lets add another f up to my post. August- September should be the due date.

My magic 8 ball says "ask again later." I'm having to use that for now since i misplaced my crystal ball and my magic 8 ball wont give me a definite answer about where it is. in the meantime, how about some other pics, of their bellies from straight behind and maybe a few shots of her poo-pahs.

You say they are brangus. From the pic they look like they have a lot of Brahman blood in them. Are they registered brangus? That rear view is what one would expect looking at a Brahman. Do you have any other views of the heifers? Head shots? Full body? Heifers do start showing signs much earlier than the cows will go take a peek at two that should be calving in March-April and report back. Any signs of a bag developing, can start seeing that on heifers as early as 6-7 weeks prior to calving depending on green grass availability.

posting a profile pic of their body would help a lot more with these guessings of bred or open. (if the navel is extended and loose- open, navel tight against belly- bred)

They are not registered or F1's. They are an angus / bramah cross. Not sure of the %. I do know they were bred to a simmi. Was anyone able to see the picts from the first post? I'll try to take some more picts this afternoon and post. Thanks for the replies

Latest posts