Phillips Released

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher

Reaction score
Captain Phillips released! It appears that Uncle Sam may still have his testicles. Am proud of the US Navy and all that helped.

not released, rescued, and 3 of 4 bad guys snuffed out in the process! Now, while we've got some ships down there they could trawl along the coast and send the rest of the pirating scum to the bottom of the ocean, piracy was eliminated 200 years ago for a reason, time to clean house again!

Kudos to the SEAL snipers that took out the pirates. Hitting a target in a bobbing / rolling lifeboat boat from the deck of a bobbing / rolling ship before the targets can pull the trigger is a pretty amazing feat. Let us hope the military budget cuts don't affect the capability of these guys in the future.

HOSS":18av3lpb said:
Kudos to the SEAL snipers that took out the pirates. Hitting a target in a bobbing / rolling lifeboat boat from the deck of a bobbing / rolling ship before the targets can pull the trigger is a pretty amazing feat. Let us hope the military budget cuts don't affect the capability of these guys in the future.

I'm with you on this one Hoss. Glad for the captain, his family, and the crew.
Here's to the Navy Seals who performed at their best !!! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :tiphat:

I think they did what had to be done, we need to show some force so maybe they will think twice before taking an American flagged ship again. Now we need to go after the so called mother ships they small pirate boats come from. Time to show them the world is not going to stand for pirates.

Good job Navy. :nod: :nod:

Captain Phillips is a hero...and he gave all the credit of his rescue to the Navy Seals...and boy did they ever deserve it. And the Navy got the go ahead from the top!

All in all...it's America at it's finest. I've always been proud to be an American...this just proves it!

Alice

I'm just relieved that the pres had to testicular fortitude before hand to give the go ahead to do what had to be done.

U.S. Navy rescues captain and kills 3 Somali pirates

"They killed our friends on the lifeboat and we thought helicopters would bomb us in Eyl last night," a pirate in Eyl, who called himself Farah, told Reuters.

"We were mourning for dead friends and then roaring planes came -- grief-upon-grief. America has become our new enemy."

==================

This is great. Now we have a new enemy that everyone in the world hates. Lets go score some positive press offing stupid pirates.

Owner of Pirated Ship Marvels at U.S. Operation

America - police force for the world. Piracy has been a problem for 200 years. They rest of the world pays the ransom and now it is our problem.

==============

"I'm marveling that they'd do that for one American and not for 10 Italians" and six others, Bartoletti told The Associated Press. "I hope in the next days we could also have positive news."

The Micoperi tugboat Buccaneer was seized on Saturday by pirates off the northern Somali coast along with its crew, which in addition to the Italians includes five Romanians and a Croat.

Latest posts