Performance Feed Company

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of this company? They are getting ready to open up a new place very close to me never heard of them. I looked at there web page looks like they deal mainly in feed and minerals.

If its the same one that originated in Red Boiling Springs, TN. There a comodity type feed outfit, around here they have feed, minerals, and a animal health type deal.
I used them some several years ago, there feed got real dusty for awhile so i swapped to another place. Most around here seem to change it up every few years.

We use them and have had good luck. Their feed has been pretty consistent been a few more fines or dusty once or twice. They sell a lot in our area, tried a couple other feeds and keep sticking with them. Always had good service. They also sell meds, neighbors buys all his meds thru them for his feeder operation. I have never bought meds thru them usually just get some from him and pay him what he pays as I don't used enough to buy large volumes of meds. I have 24 hour access to his so it works out.

I used them all the time for a couple of years. Kinda strange that they could bill me for 3 tons of course feed in a creep feeder that won't hold that much. I'll stick with the local Coop.

Opened their website and looked at the tags they had pictured for various feeds. Looks like a complete wreck to me is guarantees and ingredients are indicators. Some tags are incomplete, some feeds have no minerals listed, some of the feeds for specific uses are different from the industry norm. Looks like they need a good nutritionist and someone from the state to work closely with them to get things in order. No idea what ingredients they actually use other than they do sell CGF and soyhulls individually. Just a general observation.

TexasBred":v0az4kjd said:
Opened their website and looked at the tags they had pictured for various feeds. Looks like a complete wreck to me is guarantees and ingredients are indicators. Some tags are incomplete, some feeds have no minerals listed, some of the feeds for specific uses are different from the industry norm. Looks like they need a good nutritionist and someone from the state to work closely with them to get things in order. No idea what ingredients they actually use other than they do sell CGF and soyhulls individually. Just a general observation.

I never saw tags pictured on their site, is this the one you went to?

http://www.performance-feeds.com/feed-products/

I use their feed and lots of others in my area also do with good results. Maybe we are doing it wrong.

I got an actual tag at home I can post later.

Sorry Tom....the one I looked at was in NC....obviously a different company. My mistake. That being said I'd definitely avoid them.

pfeed_zpse3ecf3e9.jpeg

Good feed and a "proper guarantee" on it. Don't think 16% protein is necessary but looks well balanced. Even got a bit of urea in it which will just about offset the cost of the added Monensin. Looks fine to me. Mind if I ask what you're paying for it??

TexasBred":1clyu6ya said:
Good feed and a "proper guarantee" on it. Don't think 16% protein is necessary but looks well balanced. Even got a bit of urea in it which will just about offset the cost of the added Monensin. Looks fine to me. Mind if I ask what you're paying for it??
They have a 14% grower that I did use and it was suggested to try this. I use it mostly on lightweight feeders I buy, my neighbors and my ADG's went up some by going to this feeds, it was only $2-3 a ton more than the 14%. Their price depends on your delivery area but for me I just got 6100# for $622, which is $205.90 a ton and if you pay early you get $2 ton discount.

tom4018":bl5sfqj4 said:
TexasBred":bl5sfqj4 said:
They have a 14% grower that I did use and it was suggested to try this. I use it mostly on lightweight feeders I buy, my neighbors and my ADG's went up some by going to this feeds, it was only $2-3 a ton more than the 14%. Their price depends on your delivery area but for me I just got 6100# for $622, which is $205.90 a ton and if you pay early you get $2 ton discount.
Tom that's a heck of a good price. Should have bought a truck load. ;-) Don't see how they can do it that cheap but that is an awesome price.

TexasBred":zviejk1c said:
Sorry Tom....the one I looked at was in NC....obviously a different company. My mistake. That being said I'd definitely avoid them.

The North Carolina Performance Feed Company was the one I was referring to in my "Feed Question" thread over on the beginners' board when I said I wasn't pleased with the quality of feed offered in my area. Almost everybody around here feeds their products, but I was not impressed with their feed tags. On some of them, I can't even tell a difference between products. They're charging about $250/ton, and they have the cheapest feed around by far, so everybody feeds their stuff since no one can afford anything else. What bothers you personally about their feed, TB?

pricefarm":2csxdzre said:
Anyone ever heard of this company? They are getting ready to open up a new place very close to me never heard of them. I looked at there web page looks like they deal mainly in feed and minerals.
Where are they opening up price? I am about 30 miles south of you.

hillbilly beef man":1q0ejtmf said:
pricefarm":1q0ejtmf said:
Where are they opening up price? I am about 30 miles south of you.

In Abingdon Va I was told in the old Lights Mill building in town. Not sure if u are familiar with that area but it's between exit 14 and 17 off interstate 81

TerraceRidge":291ac4ag said:
TexasBred":291ac4ag said:

The North Carolina Performance Feed Company was the one I was referring to in my "Feed Question" thread over on the beginners' board when I said I wasn't pleased with the quality of feed offered in my area. Almost everybody around here feeds their products, but I was not impressed with their feed tags. On some of them, I can't even tell a difference between products. They're charging about $250/ton, and they have the cheapest feed around by far, so everybody feeds their stuff since no one can afford anything else. What bothers you personally about their feed, TB?
TR look at my post above. First one was about the mill in NC. The tags are sloppy, incomplete, their are seldom any mention of minerals at vitamins are extremely low. Tag alone makes you wonder if it is an indicator of the consistency and quality of the feed. Personally I wouldn't feed anything they made. Just couldn't ahve any confidence in what I was getting.

Ok, I just saw your post from earlier, TB. I always sensed something was off with their feed tags. I never understood how they could mix all these different cattle feeds and they all have the exact same feeding directions and little to no difference on the label, but call them different things. I have fed some of their feed before, and it's all just brown, generic-looking pellets. I wasn't impressed, since it seemed like they could hide a lot of junk in there. Did we ever figure out which company is actually opening a place in Virginia, though?

The NC company has a dealer near me and I've used one of their products. Seemed okay at the time but thats been a number of years ago.

The feed is really dusty. I personally don't trust them and my reasons are valid.

shaz":b67xhm5u said:
The feed is really dusty. I personally don't trust them and my reasons are valid.
Curious which one of their feeds you used?

As far as trusting anyone it is hard. I like to buy all I can locally but our local mill priced themselves out of competition a few years back but they have gotten better. You could have the same feed mixed there weeks apart and it looked like totally different feeds and calves would turn their nose up at the trough and walk away. That was the deciding factor to make me change.

I fed CPC some but they got sued over some bad feed and scares me but really had already quit them before that, their feed was really dusty.

You just have to do what you are comfortable with.

Latest posts