People please keep your dog's in your yard.

Help Support CattleToday:

Funny that this thread comes up the day that the neighbor's dog decides that he would like to add my property to 'his territory'. Needless to say this won't last for very long. And yet all it takes is a good chunk of heavy chain to set everything right - guarantee the dog won't be racing down the roads with it dragging behind him.

Alan":1aefgphn said:
branguscowgirl":1aefgphn said:
Nesikep":1aefgphn said:
Branguscowgirl, Get them into your house, and band them all, and kick them back out.
They are chiwauwas. (Spelling?) I don't have bands that small or I would! Good idea though! :lol:

Do you think they are here legally?
I doubt it Alan! They are probably owned by one of the "illegal" farm workers around here too. The one caught in the fence was in need of some veterinary care for his bulging and red inner eye lids. I actually ran for my gloves before I was going to touch him as to pad the bites he was going to inflict upon me! He was already trying the little b@$7@&!

My Pyrenees frequent all the neighbors pastures. They are well behaved and would never harm livestock. They will however chase down and kill hogs and will keep coyotes away. everyone that lives around me has said thanks, and they don't mind at all. But again, my dogs are well behaved. If I had dogs in my pasture barking at my livestock I would shoot them ( if my dogs didn't get um first),If mine were not behaving they get what they deserve.

PBangus":1dz8pyqp said:
My Pyrenees frequent all the neighbors pastures. They are well behaved and would never harm livestock. They will however chase down and kill hogs and will keep coyotes away. everyone that lives around me has said thanks, and they don't mind at all. But again, my dogs are well behaved. If I had dogs in my pasture barking at my livestock I would shoot them ( if my dogs didn't get um first),If mine were not behaving they get what they deserve.

Might be true and might be BS - we will never know.

However, that's what every owner usually says and it is not always true.

Sooner or later there will be an issue.

There always is.

If they were here you might get one warning.

Just depends on what I have in my hands when they show up.

You might or might not take my request to heart.

If you do, then not a problem.

If you do not they will find a new place to sleep.

Then they would simply not come home one day.

When you come calling it will go something like this......

"Nope - I have not seen them ever since I talked to you."

"I figured you had them penned up."

"Want a coffee?"

"OK."

"Good luck in your search for them."

"Have a nice day."

Seen the nicest dogs turn into POS when it comes to calving or lambing season - and "Pookie would never do that" is what I always hear.

So now we solve the problem before it happens and carry on with life.

Bez__

PBangus":lw6x5ky5 said:

Are they neutered? We have a neighbor about 80 acres away, his GPs come wondering... They get shot at. My females are not spayed, and I certainly do not want mix puppies.
Like keeping your bulls on your side of the fence, keep your dogs on your side of the fence also.

Good timing for this to come back around.. 2 days before Mega was to calf those same two Pyrenees came around again.. they follow the owners truck and he lives 4 miles away... They had evaded me several times, but this time Mega was on high alert, and showed me where they were.. I picked up my 7.62x39 SKS and put the 10 round clip in, and rode after them on the bike, parked, cocked it, and sent 8 rounds on their heels.. they were *really* scared, and ran straight up the hill.. problem for them is white does NOT camouflage against green well, and I was able to see them for a long ways,.. I kept sending rounds at their tails.. I haven't seen them since, but next time I'm not going to aim to miss..

As they said "Due to the increase of the price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot".. 7.62x39 is pretty cheap though.