Pedicure

Help Support CattleToday:

Think I'm too much of an introvert to let someone touch my feet. Never had a massage, i just find it weird. The wife has been trying to get me to go with her for some time now but it's just not me. I'll go to a osteopath or chiropractor if i really really really need to. Like the time i got flattened by a cow, it was hilarious at the time but not the next day, lasted a week before i went to chiro, sometimes those guys can work magic. Ribs were killing me, told him where so he stuck his thumb in there really hard, hurt like hell and I'm thinking, what sort of idiot would push where it hurts. Walked out 5 minutes later pain free. Meant to go back the following week but didn't need to.

We have dewars full of liquid nitrogen, warts are easily fixed in about 5 seconds.
My son's a chiropractor. They can work wonders.

HOOF!!
He did it again!

🤣😀🤣😀😄😄😄
fixed it

I should get one every fall after walking barefoot all summer.. ground is just warm enough now to start building up the callouses I JUST managed to get rid of from last year.. I easily have 1/4" of callous after the summer.. I'd probably be the champion of walking on legos

When a lot of you get older, Medicare will pay for nail trimming for your toes. Diabetics can lose a foot to an ingrown toenail. While I have never had a pedicure or manicure. I have had a couple of massages back in the day and they were well worth it!

Nessi, when I was young my father used to make us walk across our rock (not gravel- big jagged rocks) driveway to toughen up our feet for summer.

fixed it

I should get one every fall after walking barefoot all summer.. ground is just warm enough now to start building up the callouses I JUST managed to get rid of from last year.. I easily have 1/4" of callous after the summer.. I'd probably be the champion of walking on legos
You'd be a pedicurist's nightmare Nesi.

Ken

fixed it

I feel like a failure these days. Growing up i was bare foot always, at school or riding motorbikes. We used to go looking for fresh water crayfish in the local dams and wasn't uncommon to rip a nail off on the rocks. I was a good cross country runner and all barefoot. Left school at 15 and went to work, pulled on a pair of boots which haven't come off since. Now when i have bare feet walking across gravel I'm like one of those sissy city kids i used to make fun of!

you get used to it :p
I don't care for the cow pies between the toes or getting a bare foot stepped on.

The Oregon Trail is just a couple miles from my place. Those people didn't ride in the wagons. They walked. By the time they got here most of those people were walking barefoot. Of course a lot of those barefoot people died of snake bite. I think I will pass on the barefoot deal except while in the house.

I'm gonna have to step it up!

I usually work cows in shorts and flip flops. Never tried barefoot. The pies might be a bit squishy tween the toes tho!

My father worked in a dairy for a few years when I was 8-10 years old. I'd go along with him on weekends and help with washing bags. I was barefoot any time it was warm enough. I used to tell people I'm larger than average because of all that good fertilizer back then.

My dad, who just turned 90, gets them. Makes him happy, Mom doesn't have to deal with it, worth every penny. Mr. TC was hopeful he'd get the same treatment, from me, at home. Ain't no way while he can still bend over!
Oh, dayum! I should have said, Ain't no way while he can still bend over AND have full use of both arm/hands. I caved. It happened. I'm traumatized. Full-on pedi coming out of the ranch account next time. One 'n done, I'm out!

Latest posts