past??

Help Support CattleToday:

Moocow11

Reaction score
What is the differnce between todays clipping and the past's clipping?? I have a guy that used to clip cattle. and he said he would clip my cattle if I wanted him to but i was wondering how much differnet would his clip job and todays clip job would be???

Moocow11":cwl7h4co said:
What is the differnce between todays clipping and the past's clipping?? I have a guy that used to clip cattle. and he said he would clip my cattle if I wanted him to but i was wondering how much differnet would his clip job and todays clip job would be???

I think with hefiers they used to clip the ears out, only reason i know this is because a judge told me that i needed to clip her ears out give her a femine head. but a man that i trust said that no that the judge was about 10 yrs. behind times...hope that helped

Used to spike up the tail head - now you want the tailhead as flat as possible, giving a wider appearance in the rump/hip.
Used to clip against the hair on the front 1/3 of the neck in a line straight up to the ears.
Now you clip down on the neck (clipping up just on the very front edge of the neck). Up on the front of the face & down/back on the side of the face - so that there are NO LINES.
Cattle are supposed to NOT LOOKED clipped.
Leave hair on the bellie/udder area. Clip it closer at the naval area to level out the bottom.
You are tying to achieve a rectangle look, but everything should be blended so no LINES.

i am talking the guy used to clip in cloege and now he is 40. is most of it in the fitting process. the reason i ask because this guy will clip them for free if he uses my clippers.

Moocow11":2j22z1p1 said:
i am talking the guy used to clip in cloege and now he is 40. is most of it in the fitting process. the reason i ask because this guy will clip them for free if he uses my clippers.

If the guy has kept up with the times, he'll be fine. But, being close to 40 myself (AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!), I know I've had to change my style of clipping from that of when I first started.

farmwife":14s74nry said:
Moocow11":14s74nry said:

If the guy has kept up with the times, he'll be fine. But, being close to 40 myself (AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!), I know I've had to change my style of clipping from that of when I first started.

Don't worry farmwife. A lot of us that are somewhat new to showing appreciate having you OLDTIMERS to learn from :p :p :p

Double A Ranch":17t9jnxq said:
farmwife":17t9jnxq said:
Moocow11":17t9jnxq said:

Don't worry farmwife. A lot of us that are somewhat new to showing appreciate having you OLDTIMERS to learn from :p :p :p

Thanks!? :x :lol: