Parmak 12V Magnum Energizer ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I like these units and have several, but they just don't seem to last. Once I started covering them with an ice cream bucket they held up better - - but they still die occasionally. :cry2: I looked at a Cyclops Champ but they want $350 for it ??? What would you recommend any other 12V energizer ?

I love the one I have. For the price, you can easily afford to keep a spare on hand. Think I got this one for $80 @ Valley Vet. How the heck are you killing yours? - they seem bulletproof.

They do seem to die if left in a humid/damp/wet environment not running. I have 4-5 of them, they all have been in the shop at least once. Now if I'm not going to have them running a fence for more then a day or 2 I bring them in and put them in the shop till I need them. Used to just leave them out until I needed to power a section of fence again. They last much longer now.

Had a spare. It just went into use.
I called their service number a couple years ago. Tech said they were water resistant NOT water proof. Thus the ice cream bucket cover which helps.
I hang mine close to the ground, so it may be a grounding problem! ;-)

I'm using Speedrite 1000 (1joule) & 3000 (3 joule). The circuit board is incased in gel so it's water proof. I can get 9K volts no problem.

Stocker Steve":f5ugts0n said:
shaz":f5ugts0n said:
I'm using Speedrite 1000 (1joule) & 3000 (3 joule). The circuit board is incased in gel so it's water proof. I can get 9K volts no problem.

How long of a fence for 9000 volts?

1/2 mile more or less.

I just got my solar 6 volt parmak back from the factory for repair.My shipping there was 7.50 their repair cost 58 dollars so for $65.50 I have a good charger. This charger would cost 165 dollars new. Took one week. They called and verified the cost before the repair.

Aaron":2nckm3fh said:
I love the one I have. For the price, you can easily afford to keep a spare on hand. Think I got this one for $80 @ Valley Vet. How the heck are you killing yours? - they seem bulletproof.

My stopped working awhile back and lone behold it was ants that ruined it. But it was less than 2 years old so PARMAK just fixed it. And the place I got it from gave me a loaner while I was waiting on it! B&G

Black and Good":2h93pczs said:
Aaron":2h93pczs said:

My stopped working awhile back and lone behold it was ants that ruined it. But it was less than 2 years old so PARMAK just fixed it. And the place I got it from gave me a loaner while I was waiting on it! B&G
Never had ants cause a problem with the chargers, but they sure will screw up the pressure switch in a compressor and light switches if they aren;t the external type (even inside of buildings)

dun":37ofbjrn said:
Black and Good":37ofbjrn said:
Aaron":37ofbjrn said:

Never had ants cause a problem with the chargers, but they sure will screw up the pressure switch in a compressor and light switches if they aren;t the external type (even inside of buildings)

Was it fire ants I have had a problem with them I did not realize that the ants had migrated that for north.t. I was told that you could cut a piece of fly tag and put in the pressure switches and the ants would not get in it.

dun":3qfpwpfa said:
Black and Good":3qfpwpfa said:
Aaron":3qfpwpfa said:

And the pressure switch on water wells. That's the first thing I look for if a well stops working.

Latest posts