Pack Rats

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
How in the world do you get these things gone from a farm? Think we get them cleaned up and they are back in everything again the next year. Cats arent' an option as the place is 15 miles from the home place.

Jake":2r5ocj9u said:
How in the world do you get these things gone from a farm? Think we get them cleaned up and they are back in everything again the next year. Cats arent' an option as the place is 15 miles from the home place.

Jake, they make feeders you can fill once a week with cat food and a trough under a dripping faucet for water. I would not hesitate to gather up 5 or 6 kittens and turn them loose . They will learn to fend for themselves just get some from shelter that are fixed.

M-5":2wysogdo said:
Jake":2wysogdo said:

Jake, they make feeders you can fill once a week with cat food and a trough under a dripping faucet for water. I would not hesitate to gather up 5 or 6 kittens and turn them loose . They will learn to fend for themselves just get some from shelter that are fixed.

With the amount of coons that around there plus us trying to build the quail numbers I don't see cats working real well.

I am going to go to the farm store this week and load up on rat bait. Keep enough out maybe I can get them killed off.

My buddy wiped his out a few years ago. I'll ask him what kind of bait he used. He still keeps it out everywhere.

We trap close to 50 every year... there's no getting rid of them, you can just prevent them from calling your haystack, shop, basement and wood pile home.

We have live traps and we drown them after, they work very well.. peanut butter is irresistible to them. 5 gallon bucket traps work too, but I like going big and using 45 gallon drums.

For the bucket traps, I hear you should put a tin can (with peanut butter on it) on a string across the bucket so it can roll, then make a little ramp that NEARLY reaches the tin can, just far enough away they need to jump to get it, the tin can rolls when they land on it and into the drink they go

Latest posts