Overreach boots

Help Support CattleToday:

born2run

Reaction score
Anyone use them and have a specific preference as far as brands? I'm looking to buy a pair for my gelding. He came from my riding instructor who always used boots on him because he has a huge stride and can't help but clip his fronts at the canter. I thought for awhile I could get by without them, but the last ride on him proved me wrong. He's none the worse for wear, just don't want it happening again. For the time being I'll wrap his legs in polos, but wanted to make an educated buy when it came to bell boots. :)

I've always used the ProChoice Ballistic No-turn bell boots on my reiners. Very tough boot! Don't move around either. Easy to take on and off.

i have found that with my barrel horses the best boots are the pro choice smb combo boots they are leg wraps and bell boots together they are very durable

Ditto what Cattle Gal said.

You might also have your farrier stand him up a couple of degrees in front and drop him a couple in back. This should let his front feet break over just a little quicker and get out of the way. Rolling the toe slightly could help to. What is he and what are you doing with him?Z

I'm on the same track as you MillIron. Judging by the type of riding in your aviator (sp) you may just need to have your farrier rocker the shoe (roll the toe, same as what milliron suggested). now if it is speed riding, like barrels or reining then the bell combo.

Alan