OUTSIDE THE BOX

Help Support CattleToday:

Rod

Reaction score
I've got a group of the fanciest 2nd calf heifers around. They are solid black. My neighbors come over and ew an ah over them weekly,, I rolled in the other day with a bull in the trailer and they all bolted over to see what I had done. I slid the gate open and out walked a charolais bull, at that moment I feared for my life as I thought I were to be stoned to death. They could believe i didnt bring over ole champ, he's my super angus bull with a $150,000 dollar daddy.( A.I. bull product.) I'm after the smokies i told them and so will you fellows about this time next year when we're at the sale barn watching them break the scales and the bank. Needless to say they think I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed anymore. I just cant wait until next year when I roll in with a hereford bull! We'll do the same with the black white face baldies!

Rod,

Take the heat!! My charolais bull and black girls produced two "smokies" last season and they turned out great at the sale barn. I'm adding more black this year and they will be second calf cows just to give me a little confidence there won't be calving problems. Like that baldy thing too!! I'd think that white face would calm the black body a bit.

Jay