outdated ivomec

Help Support CattleToday:

simangus5

Reaction score
i have a some outdated ivomec injection wormer it says use by dec 06. my question is to use or to throw away.?. any comments welcome.

My Vet told me that a very basic rule of thumb is that most meds are good 6 months past exp date. I wouldn't think twice about using it.

Alan

I would not use it!

PM me and I will provide my mailing address and you can send it to me for proper disposal.

:p

Depends on where u have had it stored. If it has been stored at room temp. out of the sun it should be fine. What deactivates Ivomec is heat and sunlight. other wise it is find for probably up to a year if kept stored properly.

simangus5":12pb7crm said:
i have a some outdated ivomec injection wormer it says use by dec 06. my question is to use or to throw away.?. any comments welcome.

i would use it. that is not long out of date. of course i guess it depends like someone else said about where you have kept it stored. if it is not discolored, then i would not hesitate, but that is just me. not saying i am right, but that is just what i would do.

there was a rep at one of our cattle meetings some time back that said the stuff was good for a long time. he said they had to put a date on it, so they do, but that it would be good past that date.

jmo

jt

I would use it....I know some people throw their food out on experation date....If it looks good i use it....just me. what would a person do before experations dates were expired!!!! or before refrigeration :roll: just my opinion...figure somebody is making money on experation dates....donna