Our Pond were almost Dry-but

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
It's raining. I can't believe how good it felt to have rain drops hit me on the head. Looks like we will be able to plant wheat next weekend and get one more cutting of hay. Thank you God.

Our creek hasn't flowed in 2 years. But we got 5" in the last 24 hours. Needless to say its running now. Sure wish we could have spread this rain out from spring to summer so the grasses could've done better

We are in Alvord, TX... North of Ft. Worth. No runoff, but the several more lines left to go.

ffamom":3sypmyuy said:
We are in Alvord, TX... North of Ft. Worth. No runoff, but the several more lines left to go.

You're not far from Bowie and we're getting rain and plenty lightning and thunder. Love it!!

Cal

It's raining here!!!!!! According to the weatherman,a little over an inch already!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Its still raining. Won't complain about that. We rode around the pastures looking at the ponds. They have filled slightly, but most of the rain has been absorbed. At least we don't have to buy more water tanks for now.

I heard that some parts of Brownwood received 8 inches. That is great for the ponds. Our ponds were to the critical level. Still not much runoff. I know we have had at least 3 inches.

Cal,
How much have you gotten? A guy at the Dollar General said he had a little over 4 inches in Sunset.

ffamom said:
I heard that some parts of Brownwood received 8 inches. That is great for the ponds. Our ponds were to the critical level. Still not much runoff. I know we have had at least 3 inches.

Cal,
How much have you gotten? A guy at the Dollar General said he had a little over 4 inches in Sunset.

ffamom

Looks like just a little over 2 inches here but still coming down. A slow rain haven't checked the tanks but did have a little run-off. All's good!!

Cal

I haven't been out to the farm today, but we got somewhere around 1.5". The big tank was plenty low, so I've been digging it out with my loader bucket. It's pretty slow, but I've made some progress in the 15 or so hours I've been working on it.

310370_2446048961633_1564194779_32571912_1199207822_n.jpg

308385_2446051121687_1564194779_32571913_806326928_n.jpg

Rain gauge only goes to 6 inches. It is over full. 3 completely dry stock tanks are now spilling over. Another one if half full. Still more that I have not seen yet because I don't want to rut up the pasture.

Water is standing even in the sandy loam parts of the hay field behind terraces.

I was hauling water to the cows. That can stop now :D

backhoeboogie":3il0hdlb said:
Rain gauge only goes to 6 inches. It is over full. 3 completely dry stock tanks are now spilling over. Another one if half full. Still more that I have not seen yet because I don't want to rut up the pasture.

Water is standing even in the sandy loam parts of the hay field behind terraces.

:banana: :clap: :clap: Sounds good to hear some good news from that part of the country again....I've been thru some doozies of droughts in years past and it ain't no fun...

backhoeboogie":3m8w11le said:

Glad for you. :D

Latest posts