opinions on my steer

Help Support CattleToday:

Grand Chaser

Reaction score
I havent posted pics of him on here in a while but he's now 15 months old he's a kadabra calf hes 1/3 Chi 1/3 maine 1/3 angus. He has alot of hair... i mean alot... i took these today but we are not done clipping him yet we hopefully will be done with him tomorrow and i'll post more pics then. but heres Budd!

unclippedside1218350.jpg

clippedback1218350.jpg

clippedbutt1218460.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

He's 15 months? I think he should weigh more than what he is right now. Are you shooting for a certain show? Just seems a little small and not real big topped.

Our Kadabra's had terrible, curly hair, that part looks good.

He was standing a little close together. But he will not eat his show is is from Feb 27 to March 3rd. and he has to weigh over 1000 lbs and gain 2 1/2lbs a day so he needs to be 1120 to make weight. But it's been so dang hot down here this winter that we can't keep him cool enough to make him eat. and we've given him show flo, probis(sp??) and now steam rolled barley which i had to get from some friends that they got from kentucky because no on in Fl sells it. he seem to be doing a little better on it.
And we did weigh him but i don't think the scales were right beacuse he weighed 760 at the first weigh on september 28 and he weighed 870 when we weighed him nov 20. and these pics were taken on 12/18. So theres just a little more background info.

I like him but he needs more weight. But Is see because it hot in FL. KEEP HIM WASHED OFF AT MUCH AS YOU CAN kEEP HIM UNDER FANS 24/7. If you know someone with a cool room that would help him out a lot. Is the show a hair show? If it's NOT , by what I mean is its slick shear, I would shear him. Hope that helps I like him a lot, he looks like a bull calf I showed last year. Won Grand two out of three shows.GOOD LUCK.

Hi Tori
My brother is having the same problem with his lee county steer. He will not eat no matter what. He only weighs 850 and needs to weigh 1025 by weigh-in. Our vet said to try and impant him and slick the hair off. So this weekend my brother is going to slick him. Good Luck!!!!! Victoria

Latest posts