Opinions on 2 Angus Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
What do you think of Connealy Comrade and/or Gar Sure Fire?
Asking about your experience getting Comrade heifers bred since his HP epd is low.
Asking about Gar Sure Fire in general.
Thanks.

Air gator":25a8zmql said:
What do you think of Connealy Comrade and/or Gar Sure Fire?
Asking about your experience getting Comrade heifers bred since his HP epd is low.
Asking about Gar Sure Fire in general.
Thanks.
I just saw some Sure Fire heifers in a nice group from a very rep. breeder. Holding there own right there next to his top Playbook calves

Comrade heifer I just picked up this past weekend.
IMG-0881.jpg

From behind
IMG-0877.jpg

best,
Seems like you did really well for yourself.
I still can't get any feedback on how easy or hard it is to get Comrade heifers pregnant.
His SC and HP are both low but Comrade's been popular for a while.
You don't see many in sales though...or, I missed them.

Air gator":3vgzp5jg said:
best,
Seems like you did really well for yourself.
I still can't get any feedback on how easy or hard it is to get Comrade heifers pregnant.
His SC and HP are both low but Comrade's been popular for a while.
You don't see many in sales though...or, I missed them.

Thanks, I feel like we did really well considering our budget. I know she is AI bred to 316 LD Capitalist. I'm not sure if it was a 1st time breeding or 2nd time, but I know she wasn't exposed to a bull.

Connealy Comrade is still in the top 25 Angus bulls...I really don't get how that would happen with the low HP.
I have looked at LD Capitalist. I know his top son, Stunner, is one of the bulls you can't order on your own from Genex.
You have to call your sales rep. Connealy Capitalist seems to have fallen out of favor for some reason.

Stunner production low or high demand??

I think Capitalist is just an older bull now, with lots of competition, including his sons, there's a lot of them in stud. And his market isn't as big when considering all the $B chasers

torogmc81":2qgfykik said:
Stunner production low or high demand??

I think Capitalist is just an older bull now, with lots of competition, including his sons, there's a lot of them in stud. And his market isn't as big when considering all the $B chasers

I think Stunner is in High Demand.
Another really nice looking LD 316 Capitalist son is Musgrave 316 Exclusive. He's a tank just like his sire. Not Really a heifer bull

We really liked our LD 316 calves.

I loved our Comrade. We haven't used him since but do have some nice cows from him now. When we pulled commercial EPD's, he was by far the best overall. We haven't had any issues with breeding his daughters.

I've seen the LD Caps and have liked them. We have a plattmere Weigh Up daughter bred to LD Cap. I'm excited to see that calf. Same sale, tried to get a Stunner pregnancy but went too high.

NEFarmWife,
Thanks for the feedback on Comrade.
I think he will add some style to some females.
I don't know how LD Capitalist didn't end up with one of the big semen companies.
If he did, he would probably be ranked really high for number of breedings.

Air gator":eyna8wer said:
NEFarmWife,
I don't know how LD Capitalist didn't end up with one of the big semen companies.

I agree that LD Capitalist 316 would have been used much heavier if at a more well known AI Stud. I believe he was purchased for less than 20K and was the second high selling bull in Luddingtons Sale.
He made hay after his first calfcrop sold at Musgraves. He has gained in popularity by his progeny and not by the hype that most high selling bulls seem to get before they have any calves. I bet he will be in Top 25 Registrations next year.

LCBulls":scw3zeof said:
Air gator":scw3zeof said:
NEFarmWife,

I agree that LD Capitalist 316 would have been used much heavier if at a more well known AI Stud. I believe he was purchased for less than 20K and was the second high selling bull in Luddingtons Sale.
He made hay after his first calfcrop sold at Musgraves. He has gained in popularity by his progeny and not by the hype that most high selling bulls seem to get before they have any calves. I bet he will be in Top 25 Registrations next year.

Who knows, with so many to promote at the big studs, I wouldn't be certain he would've done better. I know he's at a big stud, Genex, but Whitlock is another example of a late bloomer after calf crops.

Latest posts