Online semen warehouses

Help Support CattleToday:

redcowsrule33

Reaction score
Looking for experiences people have had with online semen sellers. I have only purchased straight from the major bull studs in the past but am thinking about trying one of them due to selection. Any experiences to relate good/bad/ugly would be appreciated. Feel free to pm me if there is a bad one you don't want to bash publicly.

I've only dealt with Ultimate Genetics but have had zero problems. Semen is shipped promptly by UPS, and UPS picks up the shipping container 2-3 days latter. If you're ordering only a few straws the shipping can run the price per straw up quite a bit.

When Genex was in low supply of Pendleton, we used Bovine Elite for our purchase. Great customer service, and they also ship in a vapor shipper via UPS. So, +1 for Bovine Elite.

ccbr01":1twsgiti said:
When Genex was in low supply of Pendleton, we used Bovine Elite for our purchase. Great customer service, and they also ship in a vapor shipper via UPS. So, +1 for Bovine Elite.

Ive had both of my bulls collected at Genex and I usually order from them. Top notch facilities for sure and the bulls live a life of luxury while there. My bulls didnt want to get on the trailer to come back home. LOL!

2thumbs.gif
Bovine Elite!!!

I use Bovine Elite and Angus Semen Service. I would potentially buy from all the major services if they have what I want. On the other hand I would never buy from anyone who does not allready have a good reputation. The problem with any brokers is the big question???? How has the semen been handled before it gets to me? Do I trust them enough to know that it has been handled properly and that I am really getting what I pay for? It's kind of like those cold calling investment brokers that call you off a phone list. They want you to business with them without having any idea who they are.... Excuse me I dont even trust my Merril Lynch guy, why should I trust you.

Thank you for all your suggestions.This will make my job a lot easier because I'm also searching for these kind of stuff. The information was great.

Latest posts