One less varmint

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabby

Reaction score
SKS assault rifle, 7.62x33 hollow point, range 50 yards.

This dog was one of 3 similar dogs that were threatening to run my cows this morning. I'm tempted to put a copy of this picture in all the neighbors' mailboxes because It's not the first time I've seen them in my pastures. Luckily they haven't hurt any calves yet.

Why does everybody think they have to own pit bulls to be somebody? Look at the dog ads in the paper and all you see is pit bulls.

Any other ideas on how to get the message across to the neighbors? I've also thought about dumping him on the side of the road to make sure he's seen by his owner.
gabby

p.s. How do you make a picture come up with the text instead of having to click on the link?

Here you go...
Varmint 1

I couldn't make it come up with the text, you have to make your own "title" when you post the pic. So I typed it in for you.

Hope that helps...

Could have done without the picture. :mad:
My daughter likes to look thru the photo gallery pictures. Untill now, I didn't have a problem with it. NOW, I have to make sure she doesn't look at the pictures unless I scan thru them first.

Very tasteless :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

certherfbeef":945atkv7 said:
My daughter likes to look thru the photo gallery pictures. Untill now, I didn't have a problem with it. NOW, I have to make sure she doesn't look at the pictures unless I scan thru them first.

Hi Certherbeef,
Sorry to offend you but reality can be ugly. Ever had varmints get after your cows? What they can do to a calf is worse than ugly.
gabby

The best thing you can do is get rid of that varmint as quietly as you can.In my stste dogs chasing and attempting to kill livestock can be killed by the stock's owner or by law enforcement however just shooting one may end up with a felony conviction for killing a companion animal.Whatever your state says or doesn't say, I would notify animal control in the future before doing anything unless it is an immediate danger.At least ou have someone to back you up when you claim to have had a ongoingpg problem.I am NOT trying to bust your chops here-only trying to keep problems down for you and others.

gabby":27ij17tk said:
certherfbeef":27ij17tk said:

Hi Certherbeef,
Sorry to offend you but reality can be ugly. Ever had varmints get after your cows? What they can do to a calf is worse than ugly.
gabby

My kids understand death. My kids understand that varmits are dealt with. Reality does not have to be blood gushing out from under a dog on a forum that kids frequent.

Macon has been notified. :mad: :mad: :mad:

gabby":21rw7h4z said:

Since we're apparently getting into the bloody, gory details of dog killing for no good reason other than, I guess, to pat ourselves on the back for a good shot, you should know that it's 7.62x39, not 33.

For what it's worth, it seems to me that most folks who frequent this forum don't really consider getting to shoot dogs to be one of the "perks" of the job. I count myself lucky that I've never had to do it, but if and when I'm left without a choice, I don't suspect that pulling the trigger is really going to be the high point of my day.

Furthermore, you can be darn sure I won't be posting pictures of it here.

This whole thread is just tacky, IMO.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT A DEAD ANIMAL LOOKS LIKE AFTER WE SHOOT IT!

No need to put up pics. Previous posters were correct; we don't need any unnecessary attention from PETA of from any other animal rights groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts