One less varmint - without pics!

Help Support CattleToday:

I have plugged a lot of critters in my life. I have never enjoyed it. It is simply a deed that has to be done. Lately it has been trapping and destroying a lot of feral hogs. Luckily none go to waste.

I have a neighbor who is very prompt at handling dogs. He never says a word about it. Strays come around, strays disappear, end of story. A good neighbor to have.

no problem here gabby. just a bit too much gore for this site in my opinion. like the bloody armadillo and shovel picture...
this coming from the guy who posts pictures of prolapses.

gabby":e47dgpgq said:
I apologize for the dead varmint picture.
gabby

Gabby-posting the pic wasn't your finest moment, but hardly the worst thing I ever saw. I didn't have a problem with the pic but I agree with the deletion.
Consider this--numerous threads on this board describe "neighbor problems" of all sorts, including but not limited to dogs. But the quickest way to start a neighborhood feud is to start on the dogs. You got the right to shoot a dog that bothers your cow herd and you should. But if it dissappears quietly then all kinds of problems can be avoided. If you show up on the neighbor's porch with his dog's carcass, I bet $5 you lose a cow within the week. Good luck proving who did it.
I think the protocol is "shoot, shovel, shut up".

john250":2fhdr8xq said:
gabby":2fhdr8xq said:
I apologize for the dead varmint picture.
gabby

Gabby-posting the pic wasn't your finest moment, but hardly the worst thing I ever saw. I didn't have a problem with the pic but I agree with the deletion.
Consider this--numerous threads on this board describe "neighbor problems" of all sorts, including but not limited to dogs. But the quickest way to start a neighborhood feud is to start on the dogs. You got the right to shoot a dog that bothers your cow herd and you should. But if it dissappears quietly then all kinds of problems can be avoided. If you show up on the neighbor's porch with his dog's carcass, I bet $5 you lose a cow within the week. Good luck proving who did it.
I think the protocol is "shoot, shovel, shut up".

I agree. Sheriff's dept. is fine with shooting it, so is animal control lady. Varmint is dumped in the swamp where the sun don't shine and I've got lockjaw.
gabby

One day years ago my dad called and told me to "come on" as he could see the dog that had been killing his chickens. I loaded up and sure enough it was coming toward my house and I drove to the crossroads as it veered as it saw me. I stopped and shot the dog with bird shot when I was in the middle of the road as that all the ammo that I grabbed quickly for some reason. The Church folks came out to see what the shooting was about since there was a Church at the crossroads and I thought better of shooting again with them watching as I let myself in the pasture and drove over to him. Positioning my truck between him and them. I decided to hit him in the head and knock him out but he thought better of it and tried to bite my groin area so I shot him and put him down.

My dad came up and was clearly happy.

The Church folks went back inside. I wondered what they talked about after that.

I went home wondering when the Law would show up.

Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do.

This is not the usual way I have dealt with problem animals.

Latest posts