One hung low

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a great looking bull with super high WW numbers, at a really good price. The catch is that one of his testicles is about 3.5 inches higher than his other.
He has been semen checked and passed .
Have no intention of keeping any of the calves off him. I was thinking of putting him in a rented pasture where I have a small herd of 26 cows
Thinking of buying him and was wanting to know if I was fixin to make a mistake ?

as long as you dont enter anything in a nut beauty pageant they should be fine. he will no doubt git-r-did. keep in mind that super high weaning weight numbers are only as good as your cows milking ability.

he is what i call a 1 nut bull.1 nut is still up in body cavity.an never did dropp down.an it never will.he can breed cows yes.but i wouldnt put him very meny cows.he probly wont last long being a 1 nut bull.

denoginnizer":3abbv9rd said:
I have the opportunity to buy a great looking bull with super high WW numbers, at a really good price. The catch is that one of his testicles is about 3.5 inches higher than his other.
He has been semen checked and passed .
Have no intention of keeping any of the calves off him. I was thinking of putting him in a rented pasture where I have a small herd of 26 cows
Thinking of buying him and was wanting to know if I was fixin to make a mistake ?

There are two things of note here.
1. He has two descended testicles if they are both visible.
2. He's not planning on keeping the offspring and his semen has passed.

Because of these two points, unless it is incredibly hot where you live, having him service some cows shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't keep his offspring, and it's likely that his fertility won't be quite as good in a very warm climate. Many males have one testicle higher than the other, or forward to the other, of all species.....

Latest posts