OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Help Support CattleToday:

Suzie Q

Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am sooooo excited, running around the room screaming with undies on my head!!! Doing cartwheels around the room.....

LOL and trying not to get my hope up.

My right arm sux. It always has. I can't work 2 horses a day as I can't do up the girths, things like that. I lost the use of it at the age of 24 for a couple of weeks and I am now 41 years old.

I have had all kinds of treatments over the years. The doctors wanted to give me a cortisone injection, however my Mum, a matron, moved hell and high water so that I didn't have one. Physio in NSW, Chiro in QLD, acupuncture in QLD, Physio in QLD, chiro in QLD and this chiro clinic in Qld in 2009.

This time I went because of lower back pain, not because of my arm.

I went last week and saw a fill in guy who sent me to get all sorts of xrays and booked me back in again today.

Today I went and saw a guy called Robert. He looked at my xrays and said, "Typical for a horse rider!!"

Sitting he asked me to put my right thumb and little finger together, palm facing me. A bit to the right of me. He pulled the fingers apart and then told me to not let him pull them apart.

There was no difference and my thumb and little finger were not happy in that position. I couldn't feel any strength at all. He told me to look left and all of a sudden he couldn't pull them apart. He said I would have been all right if looking to the left, so that would have been interesting with circling a horse to the left and looking around the circle!

He got me to lay down on my stomach and he cracked this and that and I sat up again. He could still pull them apart so he was not happy. Then he pushed something in my neck and low and behold he couldn't pull them apart and I could feel strength with my thumb and little finger in that position.

Then he came at me with a silver gun!!! Right on the pressure point that he had pushed on before. My body said no and tried to escape! but he told me to not try move and shot me with it about 6 times.

He said it was from landing on my head, probably from off a horse. I can remember 2 falls landing on my head off Pepper from the age of 15 yo. I fell off him more than that, so there could have been more.

Driving home with my hand on the steering wheel. My arm feels relaxed.

I am booked in again next week and I do have my hopes up!!!

He said I am allowed to have my riding lesson on Sunday and I am allowed to go to pilates.

That's great news. Its amazing what some of these people can do. I have been scheduled for neck surgery for many years but I was scared of what "might happen" and found a guy who is simply a miracle worker. He doesn't even ask you where you hurt cause he can feel the pain and work on it from there. Its amazing is all I can say. Sounds like you found one too.

great news....

I have heard a lot of good testimonials about chiro.....

but look at how many you had to go thru to find the good one.

I am old and have a lot of aches and pains to go along with the Rheumatoid Arthritis and I think a chiro might be of help. Of course the MDs are of little help as they don't wan't the competition.

I don't know how to find the guy or gal who can actually do me some good.

Good for you Susie. Our health is the most important thing we posses. Here's to hoping you get completely healed :drink:

I have full movement chrisy, which is the why the doctors have been useless. They say put your arm up, put it back, put it down. There is nothing wrong with you.

It is the strength that has been missing. The more I use it the weaker I get. If that changes I will be over the moon. Don't get me wrong. I am strong. I load and unload hay. I am much stronger than a city girl, but I have to limit what I do or I can't do something the next day.

I can still hold my thumb to my little finger, with strength, with my right arm this morning.

I don't know why I am so silly I have been coughing and coughing and coughing for days. This morning I suddenly thought of cough mixture and yep sure enough in the fridge is a brand new bottle of cough mixture that worked well for me last time. I read the label and it is exactly for what I am experiencing now. Take 5 mm 3 times a day.

Why has it taken me so long to think of it!!!

I am using the too sick excuse to not go and move furniture today with hubby's family. I won't use my arm until I have a riding lesson tomorrow.

Suzie Q":2g1p5a2q said:
No I have never had an MRI done. Full movement in my arm so I don't think there is anything torn.
You have a disability from 15 and have never had an MRI? You might consider one....

I don't know whether you would call it a disability.

I can move my arm in all directions and pick up a square bale of hay with one hand, with both hands, which most women (non farm) cannot do.

I limit what I do do as I know I will suffer from it in the future. I thought it was just me.

As I said I have been to doctors, I was on Worker's Comp for ages. I have been to a lot of different people. Doctors, Physios, Chiropractors. None of them have mentioned an MRI.

This time I wasn't there for my arm. I was there for my lower back. He looked at the xrays and then did those exercises with my arm. He actually didn't do anything to my arm for the change. He did it to my neck.

When I did lose the use of my arm it was during treatment. A physio said I had scar tissue in my arm and to come in twice a day for her to get rid of it. My arm hated that and then said if I was going to continue it would give up.

Funny that this treatment didn't do anything to my arm at all.

sounds like a pinched nerve, he probably did something to a nerve to unpinch it is why you have movement again.

I have had a pinched nerve before. With that I felt extra loss of strength and pins and needles. I have never lost movement.

The loss of strength I have felt is a bit different. Strong as a malley bull, but only the first time. So eg. when tested I was given a handle and told to pull. Result = OMG you are so strong. Reset the needle and given back to me and said pull again. Result - the needle only went half as far with her saying not good. Reset, pulled again went 1/4 of the way. Reset pulled and the needle didn't move. That was the day that I lost my job and my career and then the use of my arm for a couple of weeks.

After that it has been like a 2 litre bottle of water. You start each day full but every time you use it you tip a bit of water out. IF you use the whole lot it takes a week to refill. If you don't then you don't really notice it as it refills every night, so of course you get used to doing things that do not empty the bottle.

I went back to the Chiro the next week and he had me lie on the table and bend my knees and have my legs up. He said to not let him push my legs back down and again I felt the weakness and was unable to stop him.

I didn't go last week as I had pre booked a trip to Nambour for their Garden Expo, so I am going tomorrow instead.

This week I have been back at 'work'. Helped hubby unload his dad's furniture and what not from the truck. The tool box was no real lifting. I didn't know how heavy until we lifted and it went straight down to the ground - the tools were still in it!! ARGH.

Plus found a downed calf and tried to pick it up to put on the tractor. Too heavy - not able to and fell over with trying not to drop it. Went and got the quad and trailer and lifted it in there. Then out of there and then turned it around.

Then the trip to Nambour which was 3 hours in a bus, walked around all day and 3 hours home.

Then today with a whole heap of coins ($339.00) that hubby had, which I took down to the bank. Heavy yes. Minded No. He can give me a job like that every day if he wants!!!!! Next time I will be clever and put in two bags instead of one.

Suzie Q":3b42k9en said:
I have had a pinched nerve before. With that I felt extra loss of strength and pins and needles. I have never lost movement.

The loss of strength I have felt is a bit different. Strong as a malley bull, but only the first time. So eg. when tested I was given a handle and told to pull. Result = OMG you are so strong. Reset the needle and given back to me and said pull again. Result - the needle only went half as far with her saying not good. Reset, pulled again went 1/4 of the way. Reset pulled and the needle didn't move. That was the day that I lost my job and my career and then the use of my arm for a couple of weeks.

After that it has been like a 2 litre bottle of water. You start each day full but every time you use it you tip a bit of water out. IF you use the whole lot it takes a week to refill. If you don't then you don't really notice it as it refills every night, so of course you get used to doing things that do not empty the bottle.

I went back to the Chiro the next week and he had me lie on the table and bend my knees and have my legs up. He said to not let him push my legs back down and again I felt the weakness and was unable to stop him.

I didn't go last week as I had pre booked a trip to Nambour for their Garden Expo, so I am going tomorrow instead.

This week I have been back at 'work'. Helped hubby unload his dad's furniture and what not from the truck. The tool box was no real lifting. I didn't know how heavy until we lifted and it went straight down to the ground - the tools were still in it!! ARGH.

Plus found a downed calf and tried to pick it up to put on the tractor. Too heavy - not able to and fell over with trying not to drop it. Went and got the quad and trailer and lifted it in there. Then out of there and then turned it around.

Then the trip to Nambour which was 3 hours in a bus, walked around all day and 3 hours home.

Then today with a whole heap of coins ($339.00) that hubby had, which I took down to the bank. Heavy yes. Minded No. He can give me a job like that every day if he wants!!!!! Next time I will be clever and put in two bags instead of one.
I sure hope he fixes it for you Susie! Seems MD's think the only way to cure something is to take drugs. If they'd just rry to find the cause and correct that first.
Valerie

ARGH so many doctors vclavin and the one that I HAD to go to for Worker's Comp was more than completely useless.

Terrified when I walked in the door, told me to come no closer. Had I touched a horse that morning? No i hadn't touched a horse, but had come via work where I dropped something off or picked something up.

So told not to come any closer as he was allergic to horses. Put arm up, back, forward, down, Nope nothing wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I did get was lecture after lecture after lecture after lecture. I had to stop working. I would never ride again. One doctor gave me a 45 minute lecture that I had to go home and start turning out babies. It did not matter that I was not maternal and did not have a boyfriend, let alone a husband.

I do have a husband now and no thank you no kids. I am not riding professionally anymore, but do ride a horse while hubby is riding as he is enjoying it and so I go with him.

Suzie you can save yourself an MRI where the Rotator Cuff is concerned. I went to a world famous orthopedic clinic in Vail Colo and they said the simplest way to test for that is to stand against the wall with your hand between your but and the wall and try to push yourself forward with the afflicted arm. If you can't push yourself forward pretty easily then the rotator cuff in that shoulder is probably torn. If that is the case then surgery is the only option.

3waycross":h5n5cg0l said:
Suzie you can save yourself an MRI where the Rotator Cuff is concerned. I went to a world famous orthopedic clinic in Vail Colo and they said the simplest way to test for that is to stand against the wall with your hand between your but and the wall and try to push yourself forward with the afflicted arm. If you can't push yourself forward pretty easily then the rotator cuff in that shoulder is probably torn. If that is the case then surgery is the only option.

just tried it....

what does it mean if you can do it but it makes you squeal cause it hurts.

other arm did not hurt a bit.

pdfangus":3cxxmh0p said:
3waycross":3cxxmh0p said:

just tried it....

what does it mean if you can do it but it makes you squeal cause it hurts.

other arm did not hurt a bit.

What do YOU think it means Jim?............. :nod: You might want to at least consider the possibility that something is wrong in there. I have essentially the same situation and I KNOW that mine has a partial tear.

IT MEANS CONFIRMATION OF WHAT i HAVE SUSPECTED.
Rheumatoid Dr. gave me a shot in it about a month ago and it didn't help much. He did my other shoulder a year ago and cured whatever was wrong with it.

My wife had the surgery on one of hers a few years ago and I had to do her physical theraphy for her.

I can deal with the inconvience of a partial tear. Just have to be careful with it. I am not sure I could stand having it immoblilized for as long as hers was. don't know how I would deal with the stock either.

pdfangus":2egxxauw said:
IT MEANS CONFIRMATION OF WHAT i HAVE SUSPECTED.
Rheumatoid Dr. gave me a shot in it about a month ago and it didn't help much. He did my other shoulder a year ago and cured whatever was wrong with it.

My wife had the surgery on one of hers a few years ago and I had to do her physical theraphy for her.

I can deal with the inconvience of a partial tear. Just have to be careful with it. I am not sure I could stand having it immoblilized for as long as hers was. don't know how I would deal with the stock either.

You're preachin to the choir on that note. I will get mine repaired when it quits working. Probably get the foot operated on at the same time. No sense being incapacitated for just one ailment.

Latest posts